Forums and Logins

By feltipern1, in X-Wing

Does the forum shutdown coming in February affect the login for the official app?

5 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

Does the forum shutdown coming in February affect the login for the official app?

I agree with you. It would be completely stupid to update an app so well and to close it a few months after......

25 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

As usual, FFG has put the cart before the horse with no assurances the whole thing isn't a steaming pile of manure.

All things considered, I'm not going to miss FFG's Consumer Relations Department one bit.

44 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

As usual, FFG has put the cart before the horse with no assurances the whole thing isn't a steaming pile of manure.

All things considered, I'm not going to miss FFG's Consumer Relations Department one bit.

I’ve missed FFG’s customer service every since asmodee took over.

So from what I can tell and this is just supposition, the login for the FFG forums is the same as my asmodee account which is what the app asks for anyway. Given that the login is tied to asmodee I don't think it will stop the official app from running.

28 minutes ago, Ebak said:

So from what I can tell and this is just supposition, the login for the FFG forums is the same as my asmodee account which is what the app asks for anyway. Given that the login is tied to asmodee I don't think it will stop the official app from running.

Ding ding ding.

This.

Yeah, it's a 'single-sign-on' system. Your login credentials are shared between the parent companies systems and software.

28 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

Yeah, it's a 'single-sign-on' system. Your login credentials are shared between the parent companies systems and software.

Along with your browser preferences, search history and trouser size.

*laughs in html*

4 hours ago, Ebak said:

2 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

That's what I thought. I needed to create the Asmodee account to join the forums, and the app asks for those login credentials - specifically, the Asmodee account.

5 hours ago, Ebak said:

Logic? Pfah! Ptooey! Your logic won't stand in the way of our RIGHTEOUS INDIGNANT KNEEJERK FURY!

...right, @Darth Meanie ?

13 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Logic? Pfah! Ptooey! Your logic won't stand in the way of our RIGHTEOUS INDIGNANT KNEEJERK FURY!

...right, @Darth Meanie ?

Ah, only 30 more days to antagonize me. Enjoy.