Whats going to happen to all these lovely threads of gorgeous creations?

By Scum4Life, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Will they be lost to the ether?

It seems that. ☹️

Id like to go through and save them all, but I dont know where I would upload them. I would probably only do the ones from the showcases and maybe MarcofF1 and some other people.

Everything will be lost unless someone hosts it elesewhere (and unfortunately I do not have the means to do it) or you yourself keep it locally.

A lot of stuff I have saved over the years on my local disc, for ships and paintschemes I find cool.

5 hours ago, Gupa-nupa said:

Id like to go through and save them all, but I dont know where I would upload them. I would probably only do the ones from the showcases and maybe MarcofF1 and some other people.

The dissambling pictures are pretty useful as well, for people thinking about installing lights, magnets, rotation....

I really wonder how much engagement Asmodee kills by this move. The producer's presence is the logical first place everyone new to the game will look at.

Does someone have an estimate of how much data there is (both just paintings and the full x wing forums)?

Uhm, what? Is the forum going to be shut down or something? Have I missed something important?

However I can assure you all, at least in my case, that if my thread disappears, the photos in that thread will not. I have everything saved on a drive and while it will be a PITA to upload it all somewhere else, it can be done.

8 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

Uhm, what? Is the forum going to be shut down or something? Have I missed something important?

However I can assure you all, at least in my case, that if my thread disappears, the photos in that thread will not. I have everything saved on a drive and while it will be a PITA to upload it all somewhere else, it can be done.

Sadly yes

yeah i have all mine on my computer as well as on imgur, but i was using my thread as a paintlog with all the details and recipes for everyone to learn from.

I'm starting in on copying a bunch of things from my thread to a blog. I may/may not end up sharing it somewhere, depending on how a^@( I feel about it all.

But it will at least be saved.

I save all my pages to PDFs so i've got that at least

Haven't been on these forum pages for a long time now. It was nice to pop in and see what you were all working on. shame it will all come to an end, However there are other general Star Wars forums out there, especially with regards to model forums.

Couldn't you ask to join one of those, Start up a section like this in another star wars forum perhaps ?

somewhere for you all to host and catch up with each other as you do on here. Take care every one and stay safe,

Barry.