Farewell to the Empire...

By OuterPop, in Painting

First of all - words cannot express my gratitude to each and every one of you. Over the years, you've poured your creativity out into these forums, providing me with a daily dose of motivation and inspiration.

My painted Legion collection is amongst my most prized possessions. And that became apparent in a very real way this week, when my house caught on fire. Faced with a split second decision on what to save, my 10 year old son and I both knew that the Legion bags were the only things that really mattered. Inside of those bags is where he and I found common ground, learned to paint together, and began what I hope will be a lifelong love of the hobby for him.

Happily, everyone and everything of importance is safe. Sadly, this forum perishes immediately after, and with it - a tiny part of me.
I am so sad to see it go, but I hope that we can keep the saber lit over at BGG. If anyone is interested, here is the link to a BGG thread I've created. I hope that each and every one of you will come over, and continue to share the brilliance and the bravery that has defined this forum for so long.

That is my hope - and rebellions are built on Hope...

BGG Star Wars Legion Painting Thread

D*mn, glad to hear you are ok, crazy stuff (**** you 2020, will you not cease!)

Yeah I just heard the news about the forums :( . I landed here in 2015 with Armada, through Imperial Assault and now Legion, and it's been an absolute joy painting, inspiring and being inspired by all the great stuff on here. Gutted to hear its going, but I had an feeling that would happen.

I'll defo check out that link (though I don't much use BGG these days) and I'm sure we'll all start setting up camp at AMG at some point, Hey, maybe that might even give us image upload quotas this time!?? (A man can dream!)

Cheers all, stay safe and keep painting 🤘 :D 🤘

Edited by 54NCH32