How much will this hurt?

By Gupa-nupa, in X-Wing

18 hours ago, TriggerHappyTaco said:

I'm confused. What makes you think the game is dying?

11 hours ago, Nspace said:

The official forum shutting down is usually a big indicator to me. Add to that no in-store or tournament play because of the 'rona and no new products announced, and it's not unreasonable to wonder about the future of the game.

10 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Wondering about the future of the game is one thing, saying it's a dying game is another. I admit, FFG forums shutting down would be scary if FFG was still the developer.

Am I taking crazy pills?

To @5050Saint 's point, w e know the game is moving to Atomic Mass Games, and FFG won't continue to support the game in the new year. FFG taking down the forums for their games (not this game, all games) is an internal move and doesn't really indicate health of any of their products per say. There's no reason whatsoever to think that the game is dying because of this one move. No new product announcement quite yet is not all that unsurprising with the developer change, but we know that there are plans across the three major Star Wars miniatures games through 2023. @Larky Bobble , don't lose interest yet. Let the dust settle from the developer swap - but this isn't the end of X-Wing.

Edited by dsul413

There will be no rules forum controlled by people that make the game.

That one kills the game.

Sorry.

I do believe this is planned so that they can resurrect it though. Then it'll get a new forum, I imagine.

Edited by Larky Bobble
On 12/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, Larky Bobble said:

I agree on the "no new content" promise. It should have been broken.

I would argue that it was broken from the start. If you want a full set of the Quick Play cards, you have to buy new versions of the ships as they were not in the conversion kits.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, Larky Bobble said:

There will be no rules forum controlled by people that make the game.

That one kills the game.

Sorry.

FFGs contribution to the rules forum is limited to 51 posts that could have been put into the FAQ.