A Farewell To Good Friends

By Cubanboy, in Star Wars: Armada

b4ea349e0c6fd84f9f25a9a22ddf7f35.jpg

I have never been the most active member of these boards, but it has been both an honor and pleasure interacting with you all.

I want you all to know that you are magnificent bastards, and I wish you all long lives, good hunting, and blessed dice roles.

May the Force be with You... always.

Goodbye people. Here’s to hoping amg does something similar. I will probably check out discord and see what it feels like.

1 hour ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Goodbye people. Here’s to hoping amg does something similar. I will probably check out discord and see what it feels like.

It’s awful.

Some of us are re-building in the Outer Rim...

https://discord.gg/rfvyBYnR (FFG Forums Refugees)

9 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Some of us are re-building in the Outer Rim...

https://discord.gg/rfvyBYnR (FFG Forums Refugees)

We should form a Alliance to Restore the ... FFG Forums or something!

Well, over the years I’ve enjoyed your posts and this place was great for learning from everyone.

Thanks.

I haven't been around Armada in some time... But I'm going to miss these forums. I'm sure I'll see some of you folks around and about.

2020 was a weird year. It was somehow clear that it will end with a shut down of the FFG forums.

I will miss it. (The forum. Not 2020.)

Where are we going to find posts about Admiral Nelson and Armada being dead now?

Well, FFG Armada did die, so...

Who can tell what AMG Armada will be like?

Not AMG, they are not ready to comment yet...

4 hours ago, mazz0 said:

It’s awful.

The main problem for me is that Discord isn't a forum. If you want to talk about the Clone Wars ships, great. Post in general and then stick around for however long it takes to get that conversation in. Don't have time to hang around? Well, you'll have to try and search for that conversation later, or just miss out.

Want to find other conversations about things? Practically everything is in the general chat (or otherwise a rules discussion or off-topic). It's not an easy place to navigate to a particular subject for reading unless you either start up a conversation (and then stick around for it), or are decently adept at navigating Discord's bare-bones search ability.

It's just not quite the same, and I liked keeping tabs on both Discord and the forums for different things.

Ah nuts. . .just started getting involved in this forum after getting into the game and hanging around for a year and it gets shut down; well, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 😔

Edited by phoenix7000

This place was one of the things that really helped me to become with Armada. Without these forums I would probably never become so obsessed with this game.

Thank you all for the advice and the laughs. Hopefully AMG will have a forum of some kind.

14 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Ah nuts. . .just started getting involved in this forum after hanging around for a year and it gets shut down; well, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 😔

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

etc.

Merry Christmas!

I may disappointed,. FFG wasn't perfect but It seems like this company will be desolved. They did an amazing job with Armada and I hope that AMG does as good a job if not better. I am slightly worried that AMG will make mistakes with Armada.

17 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

I may disappointed,. FFG wasn't perfect but It seems like this company will be desolved. They did an amazing job with Armada and I hope that AMG does as good a job if not better. I am slightly worried that AMG will make mistakes with Armada.

When you look at the different games are involved in I think they're going to really hone in on the card games and one off board games I don't think they're going to get dissolved I think it's going to change focus into traditional games, legend of the five rings are still going amazing if they ever figure out their online KeyForge it's still strong and think of the smaller games like discovery and age of war. FFG It's a lot more than just their miniatures I hope we don't lose that.

Edited by Cubanboy
13 hours ago, Kirjath08 said:

The main problem for me is that Discord isn't a forum

I completely understand. I'm just trying to keep things running with the tech that is available (and free) to do. If someone else can get something else fully operational, I am 100% behind that too.

Good speed, friends!

@Cubanboy want that in the Forum-pocalypse Dance Party play list?

I just want to thank all of you guys,

I live in Istanbul and we probably have four people playing this game in the whole country so to be connected to this community through here was quite important for me and my friends who played. When we first began to play, this was the place to ask all of our questions about the game ( otherwise we were left with the official play book) and this was the place we came when we could not agree on a rule or the interpretation of it.

It is a shame all this knowledge is going to be lost soon but the bigger shame is all the humor and all the speculations and all the fighting over silly stuff will be gone too. It was fun to follow this forum :)

We were really hoping to host our first tournemant last April ( did not happen due to Covid). I hope next year we can double our efforts to host our first tournament here and perhaps someday we can end up at tournaments in either Europe or US so we can actually meet with you guys in real world.

8 hours ago, LostFleet said:

I just want to thank all of you guys,

I live in Istanbul and we probably have four people playing this game in the whole country so to be connected to this community through here was quite important for me and my friends who played. When we first began to play, this was the place to ask all of our questions about the game ( otherwise we were left with the official play book) and this was the place we came when we could not agree on a rule or the interpretation of it.

It is a shame all this knowledge is going to be lost soon but the bigger shame is all the humor and all the speculations and all the fighting over silly stuff will be gone too. It was fun to follow this forum :)

We were really hoping to host our first tournemant last April ( did not happen due to Covid). I hope next year we can double our efforts to host our first tournament here and perhaps someday we can end up at tournaments in either Europe or US so we can actually meet with you guys in real world.

I have never been in such a gaming desert in my gaming life (40+ years at this moment), but this post sums up my feelings about this forum and the people who make it one of the few places I can come to reset my faith in humanity.

I may not make it to the next Armada thoughtspace, but I love you all, each and every one.

Merry Christmas and Happy Friday @Cubanboy ! You have been one of the brightest spots in my favorite forum. All good things may end, but Armada will never really die.

Hope to see you around as we move into the post FFG times ahead.