Suggestion about the best expansion to start

By Framses, in Reference Materials

Hi, fellows.

I have only the basic Arkham Horror and I was pondering about the best expansion to start with.

Any suggestions?

If you are going with a big box expansion Dunwitch Horror is the way to go, it has some new and interesting monsters a new board and a balance between investigator asistance and a new challenge. If you are going with a small box I would suggest King in Yellow with Dark Pharaoh a close second, each has some interesting new items for the investigator and some challenegeing new encounters to boot but King in Yellow has some optional mechanics that can make the game a real challenge.

Dunwich Horror, just to get started with the Scenario.

Hi, I'm also considering my first expansion. Love the game so far. How much table space will be needed if Dunwitch Horror expansion is added, as our gaming table is just about coping with the original?

The expansion boards have an area of 1/3 the original board, that is 2 extra foldout squares.

Thanks Veet! Guess we need a bigger table then. Or go for one of the smaller boxes first. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Iacton said:

Thanks Veet! Guess we need a bigger table then. Or go for one of the smaller boxes first. gui%C3%B1o.gif

The deeper you'll go along the madness path, the sooner you'll discover you need a bigger house for a table big enough to host the whole Arkham... ::laughing::

I believe that FFG is actually setting up to move into the furniture business.

Veet said:

I believe that FFG is actually setting up to move into the furniture business.

partido_risa.gif

anyway, jokes aside... once I thought the table in my kitchen should have been big enough for all the games I play. Now I don't have enough space for all the boards (not considering the cards laying everywhere AROUND the table, suspended in the air, and so on). Next years I'm moving, and one of the major issues while choosing the new house is "enough space for Arkham + at least 4 expansion boards". ::shock::

Yes my wife and I are planing on moving in the next year or so and I actually am keeping Arkham in mind as we look at places. Also when we look at new dining room tables.

Luckily no mater where we move (so long as we stay in the area as planned) I have access to a library table big enough to hold the entire setup 3 times over whenever I host an Arkham night.

Veet said:

Luckily no mater where we move (so long as we stay in the area as planned) I have access to a library table big enough to hold the entire setup 3 times over whenever I host an Arkham night.

New priority for Julia's new home: at a maximum distance of 10 miles from Veet's table ::laughing::

So you can play with all expansions at once???

They actually let you stay at the library and play the game?

Its a library in a church, I do their IT, I have the keys....oh and my father is the minister so I have permision.