PBP Recruitment: Diabolical Ends

By SuperWookie, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Nevermind

Forums are being closed Feb 2021.

Long-time GM/DM, even though I am still new to FFG version of Star Wars. I feel like I am about 70% familiar with the system now and wanted to throw my hat into the ring to run a game.

My concept for this game is that your character(s) has discovered something amiss in the galaxy. Either through a vision of the Force, perhaps noticing a string of coincidences among criminal organizations, or even being in politics and noticing certain delegates have been acting strange lately. Deciding to travel to Coruscant to begin an investigation, the characters will meet (when appropriate) and decide to work together to solve the problem or at least uncover enough information about what is going on in order to build support from appropriate organizations to combat what is going on.

The game is in the Force and Destiny thread, but you do not have to be a FaD character. Also, the game will be Jedi limited in nature, but you can still be a Jedi if you are the sleuthing type (even if you just have a lot of ranks in certain Knowledge skills and Streetwise).

1. All Star Wars FFG material is usable RAW.
2. Characters start with 400 XP in addition to their species Starting XP and any bonus XP they take with a starting option. Only Starting XP can be spent on increasing characteristics, per normal.
3. Duty, Obligation, and Morality will be played loosey-goosey. Those values are still needed to flesh out backstory and for me to gauge the starting scenarios and NPC interactions, but I won't be checking for them to inspire unplanned story choice at all. Conflict and Dark Side rules still are standard.
4. No starting transport, as there won't be a party to begin with. Instead, players will have 1d6 x 10,000 credits as their lifetime savings. Enough to travel the galaxy on shuttles or perhaps Negotiation check for a used starship capable of traveling to where they need to go (I checked and there are some ships available in the 50k+ range, so Negotiation could put you in the 30k+ range for total cost on a used ship - upgraded difficulty for Mechanics checks to keep it together).
5. Splitting up the party is something I don't mind at all in games that I run, so multiple locations will be handled by an underlined location to identify who/where my posts are for. Also, players may have up to two different characters and have them go to different locations in order to "stay in the action".
6. 3-4 players is ideal, and if many are interested then I will reduce the number of characters per player back down to one each.
7. Orokos.com for dice rolling
8. Please make a character sheet on SWSheets.com
9. Era is pre-Clone Wars, about 50 years. There will not be interaction with any existing canon characters.

My first recruitment thread, so please ask if I forgot anything. Will start January 1st.

Edited by SuperWookie

Example character ideas:

Baran Do Sage - Kel Dor Mystic: Seer - gets a vision about a great calamity, but the only clear part of the vision was that he needs to go to Coruscant and <plot device>.

Opportunist - <species> Smuggler: Charmer - while schmoozing around doing their thing, gets wind of a financial opportunities that sound lucrative, but suspicious.. wants to look into it before making any investments.

I'm involved in multiple PbPs, so if you reach your cap I'm willing to step aside in favor of allowing someone else the opportunity.

I'm interested in playing an investigative-type character, like Bounty Hunter: Skip Tracer, Marshall. The exact nature of backstory would depend on others. I'm thinking he might be attached to another PC in some way, whether he's an officially sanctioned officer of the law or more of a private eye type deal.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm involved in multiple PbPs, so if you reach your cap I'm willing to step aside in favor of allowing someone else the opportunity.

I'm interested in playing an investigative-type character, like Bounty Hunter: Skip Tracer, Marshall. The exact nature of backstory would depend on others. I'm thinking he might be attached to another PC in some way, whether he's an officially sanctioned officer of the law or more of a private eye type deal.

Could be a strong character for the game. Instantly reminded me of https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Miel_Muwn from the SWTOR MMO. I really liked the character, but sadly he could not be saved from an untimely demise.

Just now, SuperWookie said:

Could be a strong character for the game. Instantly reminded me of https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Miel_Muwn from the SWTOR MMO. I really liked the character, but sadly he could not be saved from an untimely demise.

Oh, one more thing: What era?

Ah yes! Sorry. I would say this is a couple of decades before the Clone Wars, and we won't be dipping into canon at all. This always for most ships and equipment to be viable, I believe.

Just now, SuperWookie said:

Ah yes! Sorry. I would say this is a couple of decades before the Clone Wars, and we won't be dipping into canon at all. This always for most ships and equipment to be viable, I believe.

Aw, dang it! No personal Venator... :D

Added point #9 to include the era for other readers.