Phoenix Cell Squadron Pack; Predictions

By Cloaker, in X-Wing

With a rumored release date of 03/26/21, and a holiday week news release cycle potentially approaching to generate excitement, it's time to start speculation.

Potential Ships ; 2 A-Wings and 1 X-wing

Pilots/Crew/Others

Hera Syndulla in an X-Wing or A-Wing, without a doubt. Probably both. Same ability?

Sabine Wren in an A-Wing with her regular ability. Should be fun.

Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, finally returning to 2.0, in a X-wing.

Wedge Antilles in an A-Wing at init 6? One can dream--if Soontir, Fenn Rau, Sun Fac, Anakin and Vonreg can be small base AG3 init 6 interceptor aces, Rebels deserve at least one too.

Captain Rex, in some form or fashion, also coming back to 2.0, most likely as a decent crew.

Mart Mattin, Duke and Cleat in X-Wings ala S4E9 Rebels

Kay Karno or Captain Chazzar in A-Wings, might be a stretch but they were Phoenix in a comic from last year.

R3-A3 titled astromech, maybe some ability that cancels a crit ala 1.0 integrated modification

That's all I got---feel free to add your own.

https://www.lionrampantimports.com/x-wing/x-wing-2nd-ed-phoenix-cell-squadron-pack-mar-26-2021-ffgswz83

Edited by Cloaker

2 A-wings and a B-wing.

A prototype Title card for the B-wing.

My guesses would be:

A-wing, with Hera as a pilot

B-Wing prototype, though someone mentioned elsewhere that it's not strictly a repaint, so that might be a bigger ask.

Y-wing, with Wedge as a pilot, along with Sabine, Ezra, and Hobbie? Was he the other rookie pilot that defected from Skystrike?

43 minutes ago, BlackSunSyn said:

2 A-wings and a B-wing.

A prototype Title card for the B-wing.

This ^

This for sure.

2x Awings and Attack Shuttle.

Bwings were already featured in the card packs.

Did someone say a Ywing?

There will definitely be an A-Wing and B-Wing. The B-Wing will feature the "Blade Wing Prototype" cards, probably a title with a gunner slot and a double cannon anti large/huge ship weapon. The A-Wing will have the Rebels characters.

The third slot could be an interesting seleection of things. I could see it being the Attack Shuttle, another A-Wing, a Y-Wing, or an X-Wing. I am hoping for an X-wing, but we'll see! I hope it isn't double A-Wings tho.

56 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

2x Awings and Attack Shuttle.

Bwings were already featured in the card packs.

But not with a Rebels TV show focus. The show re-introduced the ship's development to canon and seems like an obvious pick for this set as it fought with Phoenix Squadron.

• My candidate ships are A-Wing (single or pair), B-Wing (single or none), Attack Shuttle (single or none).
  • A-Wing paint job like Sabine's A-Wing out of Rebels. Hera, Sabine, Wedge pilots at least. Maybe Ezra, too. For Hera, probably a new ability, since her current text on an A-Wing is absurd. Wedge might not be I6, but his current ability on an A-Wing would be really nice.
  • B-Wing, if there is one, is bright orange. Maybe a title for the B6 which adds a gunner slot, and a Sabine Gunner.
  • Attack Shuttle might not get any new pilots, but that'd be pathetic. How about Chopper (his ability would be nice on a ship cheap enough to block) and Hondo (he was part of the team that went to Reklam station)? Anyhow, Rebel Kallus crew would be sweet, and maybe even Ahsoka crew.
    • To that end, Ahsoka Gunner probably should have been "Republic or Ezra Bridger" like Maul was "Scum or Ezra."
  • Blade Wing Prototype cannon is a Cannon-Cannon-Command upgrade, since such a thing ought necessarily be balanced around Epic games and huge ships , rather than 200/6, and then it can be truly the awesome blockade buster it deserves to be. It could be essentially a Huge-ship Turbolaser.
Edited by theBitterFig

It might not fit with the whole theme, but an obi-wan crew is long overdue.

I'm hoping for A, B and attack shuttle, if only because the shuttle is the only Reb ship I don't own (never for around to picking up the ghost back in 1.0)

Edited by takfar
5 hours ago, Gupa-nupa said:

It might not fit with the whole theme, but an obi-wan crew is long overdue.

Especially if it's a ghost upgrade that can be attached to any Jedi pilot, without needing a crew slot

Although in that respect, he's probably that force upgrade that let's you fire torps without a lock...

Aliive Obi? Tells lies and lets ignorant kids play with very dangerous toys. Can't see what ability he'd have...

Aha!

Sacrifice this card (or w/e). You can ignore tractor tokens for the rest of this battle. 1pt.

Edited by Larky Bobble

Composite Beam Laser Upgrade

Limit: 2
Restrictions: B-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher
Charges: 3, reccuring
Attack: 3; Bullseye, Range 1 - 3

Setup: Lose 3 charges

Attack (Focus): Spend 3 charges to perform this attack.

If the defender is at range 2, roll 1 additional attack die. If the defender is at range 3, roll 2 additional attack die.

If the attack hits, may spend [Critical] result to deal a face up damage card to the defender. During the neutralise results step [Critical] results are cancelled before [Hit] results.

-------

Since being shown off in Rebels, the Composite Beam Laser has been something we've wanted to see on the B-Wing usually in the form of a prototype B-Wing title. However, given the recent release of Star Wars Squadrons this has made my change my perspective since there is now precedent for the weapon being on Y-Wings and TIE Bombers as well. As such I wanted to look at providing the weapon in general that any ship can take.

Unfortunately...there's no way to do this without the possibility of allowing any ship to restrict it to the Y-Wing, TIE Bomber, and B-Wing without specifically stating them as restrictions. That's because none of them share a similar double slot. Instinctively I'd want it to fill a cannon and device....ah..B-Wing has no device and the Bomber and Y-Wing have no cannon slot.

What about mod and torpedo. All three have those slots. So does the X-Wing and a few other ships...Double torpedo? Bombers and Y-Wings can do that but-oh, the B-Wing only has 1 torp slot...

Unfortunately there was no way to restrict it specifically to all three of them while leaving it open for similar ships like the TIE Punisher. So...I just literally put a restriction for those 4. Sucks for other factions but it is what it is. At least no way which wasn't complicated. The only solution would be to have it require 3 slots, one of them being mod, and the other two being a 'wildcard' slot. Essentially "This card can be double missile, double torp, or double cannon." But then you just get complicated questions like "We can I have it fill a canon and a torp so I can still have a 2nd cannon on the B-Wing" which sidesteps the restrictions. It's so complciated its simply easier to say "B-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher" in restrictions OR "Bomber" as a keyword and introduce that.

Anyway. I wanted a weapon that gave you more bonuses at long range compared to something like the autoblaster that likes getting up close. I also wanted it to have punch so it can punch crits through shields...but crits can be cancelled first by the defender to counteract how powerful that is.

Is it good? No idea, this is just off the top of my head because I'd love to see the composite laser in X-Wing.

21 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Blade Wing Prototype cannon is a Cannon-Cannon-Command upgrade, since such a thing ought necessarily be balanced around Epic games and huge ships , rather than 200/6, and then it can be truly the awesome blockade buster it deserves to be. It could be essentially a Huge-ship Turbolaser.

A fine idea. Fitting the Cannon-Cannon-Command symbols onto the card might be rough. You could simply do Cannon-Cannon and give it the Hyperspace ring treatment of only being usable in epic.

If they did do a B prototype, I wonder if there would be a small add on piece, like an adapter, that could accomplish the ball turret look.

I would like an I5 or I6 A-Wing pilot with the pilot ability to hard boost.

One of the things that keeps RZ2s so good is time on target. I think thematically that’s so cool. Pulling all these super fast tight turns. True ace feeling. Yeah you could equip Daredevil, but it’d be cool to focus hard boost link.

Any ability that provides a way to make the offense consistent would be good. With RZ-2s you are almost always ending up with two hits. I think an RZ-1 specific talent or sensor would do a lot for the ship.

4 hours ago, Gupa-nupa said:

Any ability that provides a way to make the offense consistent would be good. With RZ-2s you are almost always ending up with two hits. I think an RZ-1 specific talent or sensor would do a lot for the ship.

Wedge at I6 with Predator and Outmaneuver would make me..... happy.

Even if a 2 die gun lol.

A wing and Tycho Celchu. Must have.

And I agree with previous posts where hopefully the A wing gets an initiative 6 pilot. I’d also hope for them to get a generic initiative 4. Will give the ship an opportunity to demonstrate it’s slippery ace capabilities.

I think 2 A's with the talent that was in the Resistance pack is a lock.

Based on the Rebels series, assuming it is a small base, it could be any of the following:

B-Wing

Y-Wing

Attack Shuttle

Sabine's TIE

We have had a B-Wing "fix" already, and I'm not sure we will get a new ship, so I'm going for a Y.

I really hope we get an I5 or I6 A-Wing (ideally two).

I remember reading someone used a house rule in their HOTAC game that allowed them to equip an RZ1 config where you rolled a green ‘accuracy’ die with your two die shot. An evade result allowed you to cancel a defender’s evade result. The green die could be modified along with the red attack dice via focus.
I thought this was a pretty good house rule, to help the A-Wing more consistently hit high agility targets without raising its damage ceiling. Always wanted to see something like that with official backing.

Edited by JLank

Bring back Nera Dantels in the B-Wing but with her ability being turret arc instead of outside of front arc. And Hera B-Wing prototype is a must! Other than that, I’ll take Ezra in an A-Wing.

I noticed the Rebel A/SF-01 B-wing has the squad builder keyword "B-wing"

As this B-wing version is the only version available, the keyword is redundant - unless there will be another version of the ship released.

But OK, it probably covers the Resistance B-wing, so maybe not the Prototype.

Edited by Rossetti1828