Imperial Transport possibilities?

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Resuming work on the port of the Minos Cluster sections of the WEG Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighers book, and I'm stumped on what ship a particular bit of text and stats is referring to. So, I wonder if anyone else might know of one, or if I'll need to go full homebrew for it.

The text says that, "The last line ship is a well-armed transport ship capable of carrying over 15,000 troopers." The WEG stats are Imperial Transport Ship: Capital, capital ship gunnery 4D capital ship piloting 4D+2, capital ship shields 4D+1, maneuverability 1D, space 4, hull 5D+2. Weapons: 20 quad turbolaser batteries (fire control 4D, damage 5D)

Seems pretty large for just a transport, but it is what it is. The rest of the section makes a big point of saying a Victory -class in heavy disrepair is the biggest ship they've got. My gut tells me it's going to need to be homebrew...a ship designed specifically to get lots of troops where they need to be as quickly as possible without the additional ground equipment like walkers, etc. But, if someone knows of an existing ship that I could stat out (or that's already statted) that I'm just overlooking, that'd be great.

Sounds like an Acclamator-class Assault Ship. You see them in Episode 2, and a little in Clone Wars. It's a little smaller than a Victory and holds the number of troops you need.

Sweet. Hadn't thought of dipping back to Clone Wars to check, but that actually fits with the info about the Victory as it's written in the Galaxy Guide. If it was a snake, it woulda bit me.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Sounds like an Acclamator-class Assault Ship. You see them in Episode 2, and a little in Clone Wars. It's a little smaller than a Victory and holds the number of troops you need.

That's the first thing that came to mind for me also. Although the GG6 predates the first mention of the Acclamator, in hindsight it fits the description. In fact kinda eerily. The Acclamator is smaller then the Victory and holds "16,000 Clone Troopers". I could easily imagine the old Acclamators being regulated to simple armed transports after the Victory and Imperial Star Destroyers came along. They were much better at troop and vehicle transport then space battles from the start. Once the true cruisers came along, it makes sense they became armed cargo and troop transport mules if they weren't decommissioned. The true Star Destroyers couldn't carry around nearly as many troops and cargo.

4 hours ago, Sturn said:

That's the first thing that came to mind for me also. Although the GG6 predates the first mention of the Acclamator, in hindsight it fits the description. In fact kinda eerily. The Acclamator is smaller then the Victory and holds "16,000 Clone Troopers". I could easily imagine the old Acclamators being regulated to simple armed transports after the Victory and Imperial Star Destroyers came along. They were much better at troop and vehicle transport then space battles from the start. Once the true cruisers came along, it makes sense they became armed cargo and troop transport mules if they weren't decommissioned. The true Star Destroyers couldn't carry around nearly as many troops and cargo.

Yep, that’s exactly the path I’ve taken in the GG6 port, tweaking a few of the numbers to show that the Acclamator as an “Imperial Transport” is a retrofit of old ships to suit the Empire’s needs in that respect. They cost a little less because they’re “used,” went more generic with the support gear they’ve got aboard, and bumped the troop capacity down.

I still can’t believe I didn’t think of looking at it.