A Reasonable Superweapon

By Darth Meanie, in X-Wing

The ultimate power in the galaxy??

The New Order. . .a nice start.

The First Order. . .arrogant losers.

The Final Order. . .a lame ending.

The Penultimate Oder. . .never heard of them.

Now, FEAR THE POWER OF THE

ULTIMATE ORDER!!!!

biCMGZa.png

spcn8VK.png

Comes in a wide variety of colors and when not routing insurgents can also be used to make butter cookies.

Cookie Press Butter Cookies - also known as mama

Edited by Darth Meanie

Remove all Charge tokens.

So the ship ability isn't meant to do anything? 😜

I'm kidding. I think the terminology you're looking for instead of "remove all" is "Lose 4 Charge ."

And the 6 dice cap is on the number of dice rolled, not total results. :D

Edited by Hiemfire
3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

So the ship ability isn't meant to do anything? 😜

It still makes butter cookies. 😆

I'm kidding. I think the terminology you're looking for instead of "remove all" is "Lose 4 Charge ."

Thanks.

And the 6 dice cap is on the number of dice rolled, not total results. :D

Interesting. So as designed, you're saying I could make it do up to 10 damage, cuz roll 6 then add 4?

Originally, I had the design have 2 dice in the arc, and 3 in the bullseye with 3 charges. Then, the lore (such as it is}, said the superlaser could fire at 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% power, so I changed things a bit with the charges, because did think I had to cap it at 6 damage. Maybe I go back to a 3 bullseye and it can do up to 7.

Edited by Darth Meanie

6 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Originally, I had the design have 2 dice in the arc, and 3 in the bullseye with 3 charges. Then, the lore (such as it is}, said the superlaser could fire at 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% power, so I changed things a bit with the charges, because did think I had to cap it at 6 damage. Maybe I go back to a 3 bullseye and it can do up to 7.

Having it on a 2-die hit-check makes it interesting.

11 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

The ultimate power in the galaxy??

The New Order. . .a nice start.

The First Order. . .arrogant losers.

The Final Order. . .a lame ending.

The Penultimate Oder. . .never heard of them.

Now, FEAR THE POWER OF THE

ULTIMATE ORDER!!!!

More like the Out Of Order once the protagonists get done with them. No amount of flimsy plasteel can measure up to Plot Armor.

10 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Interesting. So as designed, you're saying I could make it do up to 10 damage, cuz roll 6 then add 4?

Could also increase the number of charges and then set it to double or triple recurring (the number of arrows next to the amount of charges is the number of charges that get fliped to active in the endphase).

4 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

Having it on a 2-die hit-check makes it interesting.

Agreed.

6 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

More like the Out Of Order

Oh, that was in the brainstorming for sure. It just didn't make the final cut.

Although, a Ultimate Order Sith who doesn't obey his initiative value. . .hmmmmm.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Could also increase the number of charges and then set it to double or triple recurring (the number of arrows next to the amount of charges is the number of charges that get fliped to active in the endphase).

The long recharge is meant to be a balancing mechanism.

While my designs are meant to be silly, they are also meant be be at least a little legit.

I do have this as another superweapon idea: For each charge spent, add 1 hit or roll 2 additional dice you cannot modify. The do you go with sure damage or more damage??.....

55 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

The long recharge is meant to be a balancing mechanism.

While my designs are meant to be silly, they are also meant be be at least a little legit.

Silly? Maybe. Thematic? Definitely if Ubergeneration Imps embraced miniaturization. Honestly was making sure you were aware of how they set up the charge mechanic.

A hypothetical, and OTT, example to be a little more clear as to the possibility I was pointing out:

Keep the stats as is other than changing to 8 charges, double recurring.

" Setup: Lose 8 charges.

If you perform a primary attack that hits and the defender is in your bullseye arc, you may spend 8 charges to add that many hit results."

Starts at 0 charges. 4 turns to charge. Hard max of 11 hits at range 1 against a defender in bullseye.

Possible additional lines: "Any hit/crit results beyond what is required to destroy the defender are applied to the next closest ship or remote beyond the defender in your bullseye arc instead. If that object is destroyed, any excess hit/crit results are applied to the next closest ship or remote in your bullseye arc beyond it. Repeat till there are no hit/crit results left to be applied from the attack."

Yah, it's wordier but it fits super weapon to a "T".

I'd also make the ship 1 pip, no SLAM action, have it use the Kimogila dial, and cost bare as much as Scum Fenn Rau. :D

55 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I do have this as another superweapon idea: For each charge spent, add 1 hit or roll 2 additional dice you cannot modify. The do you go with sure damage or more damage??.....

If the timing is kept after the confirmation of the attack hitting it'd work. Just have to keep the extra dice rolled away from the initial attack roll. I'd personally stick with the sure damage over the possibility of getting nothing for the expenditure of a charge.

Edited by Hiemfire
4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Possible additional lines: "Any hit/crit results beyond what is required to destroy the defender are applied to the next closest ship or remote beyond the defender in your bullseye arc instead. If that object is destroyed, any excess hit/crit results are applied to the next closest ship or remote in your bullseye arc beyond it. Repeat till there are no hit/crit results left to be applied from the attack."

Yah, it's wordier but it fits super weapon to a "T".

Blow-through damage is a pretty cool idea. . .

Just now, Darth Meanie said:

Blow-through damage is a pretty cool idea. . .

Not something I'd want competitive side, but it would definitely make for a nice ability for a kill objective target in Standard/Epic/Scenario play. 🙂

Next you'll be proposing the Sun Crusher.

1 hour ago, Hawkstrike said:

Next you'll be proposing the Sun Crusher.

Don't be silly.

I did that design a long time ago.

lTYD87h.png

OTOH, all this talk finally gave the the inspiration for the Resonance Torpedo:

VH3DLJl.png

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Not something I'd want competitive side, but it would definitely make for a nice ability for a kill objective target in Standard/Epic/Scenario play. 🙂

Designs like this I really consider to be something that exists inside of a scenario only. By doing it that way, you can actually balance out the design even better not just with points, but by the parameters of the mission itself.

It would also make the mission interesting from the point-of-view of getting to use a special toy because you are playing the "Maw Installation" adventure, perhaps making said mission more interesting and memorable.

Sounds pretty fun for a custom scenario! I'd play that. Maybe even make it more fragile and add multiples to the board.

Edited by takfar