Do Gas Clouds Give You Strain Tokens?

By Makikis, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I am confused when it comes to strain tokens/gas clouds. I was watching a GSP game, and when a ship landed on a gas cloud, they rolled to see if the ship would gain a strain. I hadn't been playing like this, so I looked at the G.A.R. rules reference and it didn't mention anything about strain tokens. Were the rules updated??

4 minutes ago, Makikis said:

I am confused when it comes to strain tokens/gas clouds. I was watching a GSP game, and when a ship landed on a gas cloud, they rolled to see if the ship would gain a strain. I hadn't been playing like this, so I looked at the G.A.R. rules reference and it didn't mention anything about strain tokens. Were the rules updated??

Yes the rules were updated a few months after gas cloud came out; you now roll an attack dice and receive a strain on either a hit or focus result.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:10 AM, Makikis said:

Were the rules updated??

Yep, they get consistent updates about twice a year since 2e dropped, and occasionally there's an extra update for various reasons. For the latest version go to the X-Wing Second Edition product page (link below) and scroll down to the Support section, open the Rules drop down, and click the X-Wing Second Edition Rule Book link to download the current PDF.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Edited by nitrobenz
proofread

P.S. the current version is 1.3.0 and came out a couple weeks ago in November