Clarification on a rule

By Dem0ney, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hi I am reading the core rulebook and on page 233 under STAY ON TARGET it says to upgrade the ability dice in their pool once. Does this mean upgrade one dice or all of the dice one step?

Thanks

D

On 12/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, Dem0ney said:

Hi I am reading the core rulebook and on page 233 under STAY ON TARGET it says to upgrade the ability dice in their pool once. Does this mean upgrade one dice or all of the dice one step?

Thanks

D

Only 1 die.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Dem0ney said:

Thanks

D

Rimsen is correct. When it says to upgrade a number of times, it is referring to the pool since you can't upgrade a single die more than once.

So to upgrade the ability dice in your pool once, you'd take YYGG and make it YYYG, or YYY and make it YYYG.

Yes, like P-47 says you never really upgrade a "die", you always upgrade a pool, and that goes for difficulty as well. If an ability says to upgrade the difficulty then the purple/red dice would do the same as the green/yellow dice. So PP becomes PR, or if they were rolling one red die it would become a red and a purple die. Though most of the time a difficulty pool starts out all purple dice and doesn't get any red dice until it is upgraded.