Join the Journey to Black Fire Pass!

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

This summer, Fantasy Flight Games would like to invite you to embark on a grim and perilous adventure for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Old grudges emerge in the light of new discoveries surrounding the dark region of Black Fire Pass. A small company of dwarfs sets out from Karak Azgaraz to ensure the delivery of a powerful boon to the High King. But as they march into enemy territory, their journey will not be easy.

Journey to Black Fire Pass is an upcoming event for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay to be held at participating retailers across the country. Featuring an all-new introductory adventure, this event will introduce players to this revolutionary roleplaying system as well as provide a glimpse of things to go come for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

You can read more about the event here .

looking foward to it!

So Ynnen I only can hope that FFG will make a pdf version of this adventure with this new career after the event - just like it was with "A Day Late, A Shilling Short". Many of us, especialy in Europe, won't get a chance to see it all and play it all, so pretty please!

PS. It's great that FFG makes that kind of events - thank You FFG!

I plan on running this, and will post a review as well.

dvang said:

I plan on running this, and will post a review as well.

Thanks Dvang, it will be good to read a review but still I would like to run this for my players. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be published on the FFG site so I can do it. And besides I did not get when really this event will take place? I'm I right it will be 23th,24th and 25th July?

So, I'm waiting for the pdf version, plaese FFG!

I haven't seen anything with the actual dates yet. All we know, right now, is that store submissions to host it must be turned in by June 25th. And, that it will be held in the "Summer". My opinion is some time in July, but I can't narrow it down more than that.

this sounds fun. i will try to get "the tower" here in lawrencville, GA (if they don't plan to already) to host the event. i have never run a demo and I would love to give it a try. especially if i don't have to risk losing my own cards and bits to do it.

I notice it's only for shops in the US. Why? I know FFG is an American company, but WFRP is originally a British game, and there are a lot of European WFRP fans. Why restrict this even to the US?

mcv said:

I notice it's only for shops in the US. Why? I know FFG is an American company, but WFRP is originally a British game, and there are a lot of European WFRP fans. Why restrict this even to the US?

It's not only for US. shops, but as I know from my expirience in Europe such events are made in much smaller scale. The previous event - Emperors Decree in Poland was looking bad. I speaked to many Local Stores and only a few (3 or 5 in the country) had made a demo play - If the shops had the adventure they did not showed it to public view (I don't know why). In Emperors Decree event last year I only got a chance to look at the WFRP core set through a glas and nothing more. So the publication of "The Day Late, A Shilling Short" as a pdf was great opportunity for my and my players to see more - a BIg Thanks to FFG and Ynnen for that one!

This time I know - that many stores in Poland won't make the event so I will not get a chance to see it or play it. So once more I got to ask and have a request for FFG and Ynnen:

PLEASE FFG AFTER THE EVENT PUBLISH "JOURNEY TO THE BLACK FIRE PASS" ADVENTURE AS A PDF ON YOUR SITE.

I think that many of fans, not only for Europe, will agre with me that it will be the only chance for us to see it and play it.

I have been reliably told it is the weekend of July 23rd-25th

yes, it's on the 23th-25th July just like i thought. I don't know only why it was not planed for the Free RPG Day (this weekned). But ok I will wait in exicetement for this one. Maybe to this day The Winds Of Magic will be avaliable in stores. :)

ffgfan said:

yes, it's on the 23th-25th July just like i thought. I don't know only why it was not planed for the Free RPG Day (this weekned). But ok I will wait in exicetement for this one. Maybe to this day The Winds Of Magic will be avaliable in stores. :)

Probably for 2 reasons:

1) It would then compete with the Deathwatch demo (and other demos from other companies)

2) They can get more marketing around a specific WFRP-only event weekend.

Also, as a 3rd point ... the WFRP demo is not self-contained. The store has to buy the core box (at $40, although it comes with some other promotional stuff too). The demo uses this box to be played, it's not like the RPG-day demos that contain brief rules summaries inside with the adventure.

Ynnen is the a chance that FFG would just released this as a free .pdf for download on the WFRP site.

My FLG Stores (not one but all four of them) won't take part in this event. Why? I dont know and I don't care but as a huge fan of WFRP and other FFG products I have a request. Please publish this as a free pdf as soon as possible. Becouse such fans like me won't get a chance to see "Journey to Black Fire Pass" or even play it. I think it would be better for all the player if this was not only a event but if it would be something like "Shiffting Shadows" and "A Day Late, A Shilling Short" in one. So it's would be a free pdf so everyone would have a chance to see it and play it.

I expect the adventure will be available after the event as a .pdf. The point is, by making it a full-blown weekend event they can put a lot of marketing into it. FLGS buying into it get marketing stuff and a cheap copy of the game to use (or raffle off, or sell to the demo GM lengua.gif , etc)

dvang said:

I expect the adventure will be available after the event as a .pdf. The point is, by making it a full-blown weekend event they can put a lot of marketing into it. FLGS buying into it get marketing stuff and a cheap copy of the game to use (or raffle off, or sell to the demo GM lengua.gif , etc)

I know it's pure marketing and business. FFG is a great company and it's no doubt about it but still I can't wait to see this new demo adventure. Besides in Europe such events are smaller if they are. I phoned many stores and many of them say that they won't take part in this. And thats a real pitty for all the fans in Europe.

I'm keepieng my fingers crossed for this demo and I hope it will avalable for download as soon as possible.