Darth Maul (65)
Hate (9)
Autoblasters (3)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Scimitar (4)
Total: 198

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I've been testing this on Fly Casual (hence why there's VTG and not Zam, cause he's not in it yet.) But other than trading the VTG out for Zam is there anything to make it better? It hits one thing REALLY hard, but consistent double taps has been hard. And kinda need them to go off in order to deal with being outnumbered. That said. Jango gets behind someone, Autoblasters is just insanely good with him.

I know it’s not what you asked for but I’d ditch upgrades for a 3rd ship:

Jango Fett (79)

Darth Maul (65)
Hate (9)

Sun Fac (45)
Predator (2)
Total: 200

10 hours ago, KingmanHighborn said:

Thoughts on this list?

Jango Fett (79)
Elusive (3)
Autoblasters (3)
Proximity Mines (6)
Contraband Cybernetics (3)
Slave I (3)
Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

Darth Maul (65)
Hate (9)
Autoblasters (3)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Scimitar (4)
Total: 198

I've been testing this on Fly Casual (hence why there's VTG and not Zam, cause he's not in it yet.) But other than trading the VTG out for Zam is there anything to make it better? It hits one thing REALLY hard, but consistent double taps has been hard. And kinda need them to go off in order to deal with being outnumbered. That said. Jango gets behind someone, Autoblasters is just insanely good with him.

I feel like there are a few things in here just because you had extra points and no simple way to spend them. And I feel like if you’re bothering to run an i6, you want to do better than a two point bid. So if you stick with the list as-is, I’d rip a few things for a bid at least. My first cut would be Maul’s Autoblasters. His forward arc is just fine as-is, and especially stacked with Torpedoes too, when would you really use the blasters? Next I’d ask myself how often he really gets mileage out of those Proton Torpedoes (maybe more often than I think, but maybe not. Range control can be tough with big ships). Proximity Mines, Contraband Cybernetics, Shield Upgrade... basically, I’d shave a few things until I had at least an 8-10 point bid.

However, I have also been goofing around with Firespray/Infiltrator CIS lists, and while I love Jango (and his ability is actually way better than I’d thought at first), I think Zam might be a better partner for Maul. Perhaps something like this...

Maul & Zam

(65) Darth Maul [Sith Infiltrator]
(0) Jamming Beam
(3) General Grievous
(14) Chancellor Palpatine
(3) Thermal Detonators
(9) Hate
(4) Scimitar

(76) Zam Wesell [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(3) Autoblasters
(10) Count Dooku
(3) Thermal Detonators
(4) Cloaking Device
(1) Marksmanship
(3) Slave I

Total points: 198

This takes a much smaller bid, because I feel like a pair of i5’s just don’t care about it that much, but if I made any changes here, it would probably be to cut another few points and increase the bid.

There are some interesting mechanics here. I like Dooku on Slave 1 and Palpatine on Scimitar because it makes it potentially painful to shoot at either ship; Palpatine throws back Stress, Zam does her Secret Conditions thing. Dooku can guarantee the Slave 1’s Cloaking Device never fails, which is pretty sweet, if that’s the way you want to spend his Force (you just guess “blank” before you roll the attack die). Your Autoblasters/Slave 1 combo is intact, and slightly enhanced by Marksmanship. General Grievous is cheaper and than a Shield Upgrade, and probably better. Thermal Detonators on both ships, because for the price of one set of Proximity mines, you get greater coverage, and it can come from either ship. This list also has, I think, a bit more room to trim the fancy cute stuff, and just go for a third ship, while still maintaining the solid core, if that’s the way you want to go.

Yeah, it's too bad Zam isn't in Fly Casual yet.

I can't say that Jango's ability is very useful as I just played a match in which Jango's ability came into play exactly once. It also didn't work as well with count Dooku as I thought it would.

So basically, take Zam pilot with Jango crew (which is the same cost as Jango/zam). Zam pilot should be just slightly more capable of getting the double-tap than zam crew is, Jango crew's ability is based on using your lock instead of limiting your manuevering options (although in my only test game so far, limited manuvering wasn't much of an issue.)