Alchemist Stim Application

By SuperWookie, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

The Stim Application talent in the Alchemist tree.

Do you expend/use the stimpack required for the talent, and if so do you get the healing benefit or is it a total replacement effect?

9 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

The Stim Application talent in the Alchemist tree.

Do you expend/use the stimpack required for the talent, and if so do you get the healing benefit or is it a total replacement effect?

It does not explicitly say, but I'm pretty sure it intends you to consume any consumables you use, substituting the talent's effects for that of the item in question.

You can do it with a medpac, which means you wouldn't expend anything.

If I were ruling the use of a drug or stimpack for Stim Application, I would definitely expend the item and it would be a replacement effect.

As an example, if you have several stimpacks and decide to use one, you'd be retroactively narrating it as a different compound created for using the talent.

The character is a Nightsister (not the spec, but background) so I imagined her eyes glowing green and she makes the stimpack green too for the talent. So expending it makes sense, just wanted to verify since my party is definitely the type to argue that "it doesn't SAY spent".

In every game that I've played or run, we handled it narratively.The doctor/alchemist/medic open up their physician's kit/potion bag/medkit and pulls out a syringe/potion/quick-inject and viola! You can now do the thing even better.

17 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

In every game that I've played or run, we handled it narratively.The doctor/alchemist/medic open up their physician's kit/potion bag/medkit and pulls out a syringe/potion/quick-inject and viola! You can now do the thing even better.

So, kind of like the Utility Belt talent?

50 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

So, kind of like the Utility Belt talent?

Yes.

It says you must have access to "Drugs, a medpac, or stimpack". So, if the Doc dropped their Medpac out of the airspeeder due to a despair, and all they've got are Stims, I'd say they have to consume a stim. If they've got some kind of broader medical gear though, they can Utility Belt it.