Offensive Retrofits Not Related to Squadrons

By redleader002, in Star Wars: Armada

It seems to me that too many of the upgrades for the Offensive Retrofit slot affect squadron play and that there aren’t enough that touch upon non-squadron mechanics. This may just be me perceiving a nonexistant problem because most carrier ship variants have Offensive Retrofit slots, but when I look through my OR cards, the carrier oriented cards always seem more prominent to me. That being said, what are some ideas for OR cards that don’t involve squadrons that you guys can come up with.

Here’s mine:

1. A card that allows you to exhaust it to change any token on its ship into a con-fire token. (Not powerful, but useful for gunnery teams).

2. A non-recurring exhaustable card that allows you to exhaust another upgrade on its ship to unexhaust a third card that requires a confire to unexhaust (the idea being that other parts of the crew are pulled from their station to help reload the guns).

Obviously not the best ideas, but something to get the ball rolling.

Edited by redleader002
Added parenthesis to differentiate between my thoughts on hypothetical card’s usefulness and its text

So of the 12 Offensive Retrofit Cards (not counting Boarding teams) 5 of them effect your squadrons, 2 of them effect your anti squadron attacks, and the last 5 effect ships/your own ship. I wouldn't say This is a bad thing mind you. I am all for more OR cards that effect your ships in a more substantial way would be pretty nice.

However I am not a fan of your ideas since we have a few officer options for Con Fire tokens or Fleet support options for it. **** even Commanders can provide the effect you seek with Con-fire tokens.

As for your second idea, I think it is a more convoluted idea to get gunnery teams back up. (Do you just want Original gunnery teams back?)

I wouldn't be opposed to a lite gunnery teams that lets you attack squads in the OR slot though. Even it is only for a single squadron.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a lite gunnery teams that lets you attack squads in the OR slot though. Even it is only for a single squadron.

Thats definitely a thing I'd like to as well.

2 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I mean.. Ordnance Pods the Raider titles.

Well if you look back at the slot it is the main squadron slot. That said FFG did add 2 non squadron upgrades to that slot in Wave 8 and Ritr Flag ship bridge and Proxy Mines.