New Slave 1 Title

By Reinman, in X-Wing Rules Questions

If you have the “new” (Separatist and Scum) Slave 1 title, and you were “flanking” the enemy ship (your ship straddling the front and rear 180 line), would this ability trigger? I’m obviously still not crystal clear on full-arc rules...

Thanks in advance!

It will trigger, since a ship that is flanking is in both the full front arc and the full rear arc.

Perfect—thank you!

Yes. If they did not want to allow you to be flanking to trigger the ability, they would say "If you are Behind the defender" instead of in the defenders Full Rear Arc. (At least, it should use that wording)

A ship is IN an arc if any part of its base is inside that area

10 hours ago, Lyianx said:

Yes. If they did not want to allow you to be flanking to trigger the ability, they would say "If you are Behind the defender" instead of in the defenders Full Rear Arc. (At least, it should use that wording)

That makes sense -- I had seen the "behind"/"in front of" terminology with full arc but hadn't seen "in" clarified. But, I suppose, "in" arc works the same with a full arc as any other arc. Just wanted to be sure. Thank you!

Additional question; Can Krassix Trelix use his ability with the new Slave I title when shooting out his rear arc?

If the ruling for outmaneuver and secondaries on Krassis still working is still in effect, then yes, it would seem that Slave 1 would work with his ability.

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

If the ruling for outmaneuver and secondaries on Krassis still working is still in effect, then yes, it would seem that Slave 1 would work with his ability.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been an official ruling on that matter.

2 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Additional question; Can Krassix Trelix use his ability with the new Slave I title when shooting out his rear arc?

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

hasn't been a ruling, just a discussion. it can be found here (among other places, i'm sure):
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/284728-krassis-trelix-outmaneuver/page/6/

other than that you're pretty much right. it's important to make the distinction of what's happening, though. krassis' ability only works while you're performing special attacks - and as long as it's a front arc special attack you're performing, krassis can do it out of his rear arc - and in that case he can use the slave 1 title to change a hit to a crit, yes.

Card_Pilot_153.png swz82_a1_upgrade_slave1.png

26 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

To my knowledge, there hasn't been an official ruling on that matter.

you are correct.

Well that just made him even COOLER with BT-1, Outmanuever, new Slave I title and Autoblasters.

7 hours ago, meffo said:

hasn't been a ruling, just a discussion. it can be found here (among other places, i'm sure):
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/284728-krassis-trelix-outmaneuver/page/6/

Sadly, this is one where im fairly sure his ability wasnt really meant to work like its being interpreted, but since its worded the way it is, we dont have much choice but to play it that way until someone (ffg/amg) rules otherwise. And they may not unless the ability becomes an issue. Just, logically speaking, it doesnt make sense to allow it. But they may have mechanical reasons that i dont know about so.. here we are. Heck i may make a build with him if i ever get bored of Emon :P

Correct. There hasn't been an official ruling, but our non-FFG judges and marshalls have made rulings in favor of it working. I too am skeptical of Krassis' shenanigans being intended, but it looks like all the words lead to these combos working. As an aside, it isn't very harmful if it does as Krassis is only one pilot at a lower initiative minimizing that takes a decent amount of points to take advantage of these combos. It shouldn't be a problem.

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

but our non-FFG judges and marshalls have made rulings in favor of it working.

add grains of salt here lol.

But i understand. I think most of the members of this forum have also pretty much stated 'well, its written that way, and theres nothing to contradict it'.

For me, it isnt even so much about how strong or weak it is, but just that its a bit confusing and sets a precedent if they dont word similar abilities more carefully.