Do They Know It's Life Day? (A Holiday-Themed Adventure)

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

In 2019, I ran a "Holiday Special" for one of my groups. A silly little adventure inspired by the Star Wars Holiday Special and the annual Life Day content in Star Wars Galaxies. It wasn't anything heavy, and it's not even necessarily in continuity for the group. (It occurred in the middle of an ongoing plot.) But, it was a way to have a little bit of light fun and toss some extra XP the players' way. I've written it up in more generic form for anyone who might care to use it. It's short (by design), but feel free to improv with it.

I meant to have this posted about a week ago, but...life and 2020. Whatcha gonna do, right? (And, @Exusiai , now that this is posted, I can get back to the Minos Cluster conversion. :) )

I hope you all enjoy.

RNm7f1B.jpg

Do They Know It's Life Day? v1.2 (PDF)

Edited by Nytwyng

And now to finish prepping this year's "Holiday Special" for Sunday. I hope they're ready for I'll Be Home for Life Day. 🤣

And I just realized that I left a Star block out. So...version 1.1 will go up tomorrow. D’oh!

Version 1.1 is posted, and the link above is updated.

• Added missing TK-555 stat block.
  • Added "What Is Life Day?" article

There's a weird cutoff on page four, so the last (few?) line(s) in the red box disappears. And there's text behind it. I assume it's supposed to be on the next page.

Edited by Jegergryte

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:39 AM, Nytwyng said:

And now to finish prepping this year's "Holiday Special" for Sunday. I hope they're ready for I'll Be Home for Life Day. 🤣

Is this year's based on the Lego Holiday Special?

8 minutes ago, RLogue177 said:

Is this year's based on the Lego Holiday Special?

Not so much (although I’ve got ideas from it in my deranged brain). I was already plotting this year’s out when the new special dropped. This year will see the group

having to take one of the Life Day Elder Wookiees from the early Galaxies Life Day content home to Kashyyyk, where they will then find themselves in a situation loosely based on the Rankin/Bass

Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town ...complete with Imperial Governor based on Burgermeister Meisterberger. 🤣 )

And I now know to start the write up for posting earlier. I’ll probably start it while off work the week of New Years so it’s done way early, and just set the post on mySWRPG to publish on Thanksgiving 2021.

4 hours ago, Jegergryte said:

There's a weird cutoff on page four, so the last (few?) line(s) in the red box disappears. And there's text behind it. I assume it's supposed to be on the next page.

OK. That was much easier to fix. Just some minor formatting gremlins that I'm assuming popped up either during the export to PDF or when I modified the contents/credits page. Thanks for pointing it out. Layout fixed, and link in original post updated to version 1.2.

Edited by Nytwyng
On 12/17/2020 at 8:26 AM, Nytwyng said:

Not so much (although I’ve got ideas from it in my deranged brain). I was already plotting this year’s out when the new special dropped. This year will see the group

having to take one of the Life Day Elder Wookiees from the early Galaxies Life Day content home to Kashyyyk, where they will then find themselves in a situation loosely based on the Rankin/Bass

Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town ...complete with Imperial Governor based on Burgermeister Meisterberger. 🤣 )

And...one of the group followed the Governor back to the great tree in Kachirho after he injured himself on a toy (which needed to happen, of course), got him doped up by the doctors...and ended up tossing him out the window of the infirmary about 30 stories up. Another poisoned the top-ranking Imperial officer with an agonizing paralytic. Then they had a Life Day celebration with Wookiee kids who gave them stuffed banthas.

🤣