Id10 attack

By irdonny, in Rules

I played a game in which my Iden was at range 2 of a unit, and when I adhered id10, I was able to get it to range 1 of the enemy.

My question is do I get to add id10 to the attack pool/do I have to measure its attack from Iden?

In the game I added id10s dice to the attack pool. Did I do it wrong?

**bonus question**

I know you normally measure from a unit leader, but when attacking a unit, say you have a range 3 gun, but the majority of the enemy unit is at range 4, but one non-leader unit's base is barely in range 3, do you get to make a full attack against that unit, or just the one mini in range?

Same question with ful LOS blocking with only one mini visible?

1 hour ago, irdonny said:

My question is do I get to add id10 to the attack pool/do I have to measure its attack from Iden?

No, the attack range is ALWAYS determined by the unit leader, which in that case is Iden.

I know you normally measure from a unit leader, but when attacking a unit, say you have a range 3 gun, but the majority of the enemy unit is at range 4, but one non-leader unit's base is barely in range 3, do you get to make a full attack against that unit, or just the one mini in range?

Same question with ful LOS blocking with only one mini visible?

If at least 1 mini of the defender (any mini, as long as it doesn't have the Small keyword) is at the needed range from the attacking unit leader, then the entire unit can be attacked. What's important and is also regarding your other question, is that if a mini in the defending unit can't be seen by any of the attacking minis, it can't be assigned damage by that attack, no matter how many damage is dealt. So in your example, with only 1 mini visible from the defending unit, your attack maybe rolls 5 damage, but only that mini can receive damage.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86
9 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

No, the attack range is ALWAYS determined by the unit leader, which in that case is Iden.

Sweet! Thank you (and for the additional clarification). I let my buddy know. We are just learning and trying to just get in a full game.

As a follow up (less of a rules question), while I am collecting and painting the game, we have unfornately only been able to play TTS, and so far have only gotten through round two, and it took us Hours. Any advice on speeding up the game while we are learning?

Sweet! Thank you (and for the additional clarification). I let my buddy know. We are just learning and trying to just get in a full game.

As a follow up (less of a rules question), while I am collecting and painting the game, we have unfornately only been able to play TTS, and so far have only gotten through round two, and it took us Hours. Any advice on speeding up the game while we are learning?

Play faster? 😁 But really, you've already started that game, so finish it out, but I'd recommend you try skirmish the next few games. MUCH shorter, and it will still help you get a good grasp of the rules.

3 hours ago, irdonny said:

I agree with arnoldrew, you should play skirmish as it's a shorter game and you still get to keep learning the rules. Once you've learned the rules well and get some practice, the games should speed up.

Also one thing that always happens at least in my games is that the first 2 or 3 rounds take really long as there are a lot of units to activate, attack, etc, but the last rounds are faster as there are less units in play.

3 hours ago, irdonny said:

if you are playing on TTS, i would suggest going on the Legion discord, there are always people on there looking for a game and most of them are usually willing to help out a new guy.

6 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I'd recommend you try skirmish the next few games. MUCH shorter, and it will still help you get a good grasp of the rules.

Cool. Thanks all. I'll start looking at skirmish squads and try again.

5 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Also one thing that always happens at least in my games is that the first 2 or 3 rounds take really long as there are a lot of units to activate, attack, etc, but the last rounds are faster as there are less units in play.

That's a really good point. I think it was just so late by the time we got through the rounds it was more like time to go to bed haha. I think a skirmish or two will help build our confidence.

Last question I swear: We accidentally turned on silhouettes in TTS and couldnt figure out how to turn them off. Does anyone know the hotkey to turn those off?! Lol

4 hours ago, irdonny said:

Cool. Thanks all. I'll start looking at skirmish squads and try again.

That's a really good point. I think it was just so late by the time we got through the rounds it was more like time to go to bed haha. I think a skirmish or two will help build our confidence.

Last question I swear: We accidentally turned on silhouettes in TTS and couldnt figure out how to turn them off. Does anyone know the hotkey to turn those off?! Lol

on the unit leaders base there is a button that says SIL, click this to toggle the silhouette, it might not work on the learning game