What is each heroes best aspect taking into consideration the heroes weakness

By Cgriffith, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Considering the hero, and it’s weakness what aspect would be most beneficial for each current hero released? Which aspect helps each Hero the most? Very interested to see if their is a consensus on each hero or if there are a lot of differing opinions.

1 hour ago, Cgriffith said:

Considering the hero, and it’s weakness what aspect would be most beneficial for each current hero released? Which aspect helps each Hero the most? Very interested to see if their is a consensus on each hero or if there are a lot of differing opinions.

Depends on if you want to shore up their weakness or lean into their strengths. You can access thwarting in aggression and damage in justice now, so there’s no huge need either way

for the most part I feel the game works as intended where the aspects can be effectively plugged into each hero. It's just a question of what you want them to do. That said there are definitely better fits for heroes that are less well rounded or have very specific triggers. For example Thor has alot of Aggression cards that almost feel essential to getting his engine up and running. Someone like Hulk (who is very bad at thwarting in their hero specific package of cards) would have a real tough time trying to play solo Protection since the thwart out of that aspect is really weak. The more mature the card pool the more they can plug these holes potentially. That said the hero cards tend to be the stars with the aspect cards being more of a supporting act.

Edited by phillos

Well I'll be the first to make a list I guess. The condition I'll be using to measure which aspect I choose will be which one I have the most fun with.

Iron Man: Leadership

She Hulk: Aggression

Black Panther: Protection

Captain Marvel: Aggression

Spider Man: Protection

Captain America: Aggression

Ms Marvel: Justice

Thor: Aggression

Black Widow: Justice

Doctor Strange: Justice

Hulk: Aggression

Hawkeye: Protection

Spider Woman: Aggression/Justice

That's all I have so far. 😄

Edited by Venompuppy

Iron Man: Justice

She Hulk: Justice

Black Panther: Aggression

Captain Marvel: Leadership

Spider Man: Leadership

Captain America: Protection

Ms Marvel: Aggression

Thor: Aggression

Black Widow: Protection

Doctor Strange: Leadership

Hulk: Leadership

Hawkeye: Aggression

Spider Woman: Leadership/Protection

I mean, if we're theorizing on what aspect should help shore up a hero the most to cover their weaknesses, I'll take a shot.

Spider-Man: Thwarting is his weakest spot, so theoretically Justice aspect should serve him well. I'm playing around with a justice Spidey deck now and it is interesting trying to figure out how to tweak it!

Hulk is in the same boat, Justice should help but I think that takes away from the fuller strengths of several of his cards that want to use physical energy. So a +/- there.

Thor, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, all characters who would want to shack up with either protection for more defense or justice for more thwarting.

Iron Man: A unique style as he has to build the suit. I liked going protection to offshoot his low defense, but a big part of my personal success with him came from how often I could trigger other cards while giving him aerial.

Captain America, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Ant-Man: they are solid all around and I think they can pair well with any aspect and still do very well. Their weaknesses are low to non-existent.

Black Panther, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange: Please don't hate me for confessing this, but I haven't actually played with them and don't know.

Also at this point in the game I am comfortable saying that the Leadership aspect is the most developed and any hero can be paired with Leadership and do very well. Leadership is just a solid aspect at this point. Also it was observed earlier I think it's generally better to play to a hero's strengths with the deck rather than shore up their weakest parts. Hulk doesn't have to worry about threat if he can absolutely wreck the villain in 2-3 turns if you catch my drift. ;)

I mean, where we are right now the most developed to least developed aspect order is Leadership, Aggression, Protection, Justice. I know that is not what you asked but I think recognizing this can help with the answer. Granted that's my speculative answer so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by TheSpitfired

From what I'm seeing, with the new cards that are coming out for the different aspects, soon it will not be about which aspect fits best with which hero but which aspect fits best with you, with your way of playing.

Keep in mind that until recently, every aspect was geared towards doing only one thing. Aggression, for example, was used to increase your attack but couldn't do anything else. To control the plan (the other defeat condition along with being killed) you depended on your allies and the characteristics of the hero himself. Now, however, Aggression cards begin to appear that allow you to scheme, such as 'You'll pay for that'.

Justice, it was an aspect dedicated to dealing with the plan that now begins to allow to hurt the villain with cards like 'Beat cop'.

This trend can be applied to all 4 aspects and is gradually increasing.

In a few months, an Aggression player will have cards in his pool to create decks that scheme and attack, in this way he can create a deck that fits with any hero without leaving his aspect.

I play a lot with Justice and when I switch to Protection, for example, I get very bored 🙂 If I find a hero that only works with Protection, I hardly ever play him.

I think this is going to be the trend.

4 hours ago, aeixea said:

I play a lot with Justice and when I switch to Protection, for example, I get very bored 🙂 If I find a hero that only works with Protection, I hardly ever play him.

10 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Black Panther, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange: Please don't hate me for confessing this, but I haven't actually played with them and don't know.

Alongside Ironman (justice), Doctor Strange (protection) is my favourite deck. The kids sometimes argue over playing Doc Strange too.

On 12/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Venompuppy said:

Well I'll be the first to make a list I guess. The condition I'll be using to measure which aspect I choose will be which one I have the most fun with.

Iron Man: Leadership

Captain Marvel: Aggression

Spider Man: Protection

Captain America: Aggression

Black Widow: Justice

Doctor Strange: Justice

Hawkeye: Protection

That's all I have so far. 😄

Hawkeye and Protection seems fun, do you have a deck in mind? Can it survive in true solo? Captain America aggression seems fun, how does it work? in Solo especially.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, HirumaShigure said:

Iron Man: Justice

Captain Marvel: Leadership

Spider Man: Leadership

Captain America: Protection

Black Widow: Protection

Doctor Strange: Leadership

Hawkeye: Aggression

Very interesting that Hawkeye is Aggression is their a deck which is favorable to him, and what does the Iron Man deck look like. Also I play true solo does that affect the aspect at all?

On 12/14/2020 at 8:37 AM, Cgriffith said:

you almost need to break it down much further. Hulk solo is essentially auto-loss versus a lot of scenarios whereas we have a group that plays usually on standard, four player game where we have been able to use him and THor both as Aggression. I would likely never use Hulk Aggression 2 handed...unless I was doing something like Captain America Justice...in four player, his weakness against threat isn't really a weakness but in solo it is crippling and the answer is very different.

I play a lot of Ms Marvel and have played her in all 4 aspects in everything from standard multiplayer on up to solo heroic. I would build her completely different for solo heroic than I would for multiplayer because her weaknesses are different. Played her Aggression in a recent 4 player game and she was thwarting nearly as much as the Justice Hawkeye...but solo I would have a much different answer as her weaknesses are different.

Good question just a bit too broad I think

On 12/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, Cgriffith said:

For Hulk, Leadership all the way. Build a deck with super cheap Avengers Allies, you can get 5 in your deck that all cost 2 or less. Then once you have all 5 out (with the 2 cards that allow you to get those extra 2 allies), Strength in Numbers nets you +5 cards (Keep in mind, you're not using those Avengers for anything else but to give you cards). Considering Hulk has some very strong cards in his deck, being able to play multiple of them in a single round is awesome. I've pulled this off a few times now, and the others in my games always go on about how OP it feels.

After around 3-4 rounds of setup, I'm am putting out an average of around 16 damage a turn, while regularly cleaning up 5 threat a turn.

In Summary, Hulk's weakness is his expensive cards and small hand size. This strategy removes those barriers.

Edited by DarthofZA
18 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Hawkeye and Protection seems fun, do you have a deck in mind? Can it survive in true solo? Captain America aggression seems fun, how does it work? in Solo especially.

My Hawkeye protection idea is just to mitigate his low health and low defense as much as possible. I have all the healing cards, and damage prevention cards. I'll only defend if I can ready, like indomitable and desperate defense. I also have the three essential protection allies, Iron Fist, Clea, and Brother Voodoo. It works so I can keep him out as much as possible, since he's got a lot of nice attacks, poor recovery, and poor threat management.

16 hours ago, DarthofZA said:

For Hulk, Leadership all the way. Build a deck with super cheap Avengers Allies, you can get 5 in your deck that all cost 2 or less. Then once you have all 5 out (with the 2 cards that allow you to get those extra 2 allies), Strength in Numbers nets you +5 cards (Keep in mind, you're not using those Avengers for anything else but to give you cards). Considering Hulk has some very strong cards in his deck, being able to play multiple of them in a single round is awesome. I've pulled this off a few times now, and the others in my games always go on about how OP it feels.

After around 3-4 rounds of setup, I'm am putting out an average of around 16 damage a turn, while regularly cleaning up 5 threat a turn.

In Summary, Hulk's weakness is his expensive cards and small hand size. This strategy removes those barriers.

Is this deck on MarvelCB? It'd like to try it.

11 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Is this deck on MarvelCB? It'd like to try it.

I don't use MarvelCB. I can also now have 6 allies out with Stinger. Here is my current version:

• Allies: Ant-Man, Hawkeye (Clint), Hawkeye (Kate), Squirrel Girl, Stringer, Wonder Man
  • 3x Assess the Situation, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Avengers Assemble, Strength In Numbers
  • 2x Call for Aid
  • 1x Avengers Mansion, Avengers Tower, Helicarrier, Quincarrier, Teambuilding Exercise, Triskelion
  • 1x Strength (I don't use any other Resource cards)

I use Call for Aid to help me quickly get out the Allies, although I'm not sold on their inclusion yet (only played one game with them).

I also use Assess the Situation to buff my hand size whenever I happen to have it in my hand and would have a single card left over. With Hulk, this just feels very helpful.

I do block with Allies out instead of block with Hulk once I have most of my allies out. This is because with this deck it is very easy to get that Ally back out again.

I also make sure the Aggression player has a Combat Training for me so that my base strength gets to 5.

Keep in mind not to exhaust all your allies with Strength in Numbers when you'll have a Earth's Mightiest Heroes, as you should save one to ready Hulk for the extra attack action.

I like Spider-Man and Ms Marvel in Justice (sharing a deck).

Spider-Man : has good defense and resource generation. His Swinging Kick is usually sufficient to beat the villain, so pairing him with Justice to mitigate his low THW while he stun/confuse locks the enemy is usually a solid plan for me.

For old shell head (Iron Man), I prefer Leadership. Low cost allies are a good way to manage early threat while you stay in alter-ego a few extra turns to get the suit half assembled. Flip once to mitigate threat and chump block, then flip back to get the suit mostly finished. One final flip back and enjoy the power of the fully assembled battlestation.

In multi-player I find that Thor really shines with Moment of Triumph . His Hammer Throw for 8 with overkill on a minion with one health left is amazing. Team -Building Exercise also works well with Vakyrie , Hall of Heroes , Jarnbjorn , and the rest of his deck.

I play Black Panther with the Justice half of my Black Widow deck. I just take out the spy specific cards and replace them with Foiled . Black Panther likes to flip to Alter Ego plenty once he finds the Golden City that is when Foiled really shines (even worth a hand hold on occasions). Just consider how good For Justice! is 4 THW for 3 cards. 2 or 3 THW for 1 card is even better.

Edited by IceHot42
13 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

Just consider how good For Justice! is 4 THW for 3 cards. 2 or 3 THW for 1 card is even better.

4 threat for 1 (or depending on how you count it, 2) cards if you play For Power of Justice....it is one of my favorite cards and I can usually have the deck thin enough they come up together more often than not. Love that card