EliasWindrider vs. Tramp Graphics Cage Match!

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

LAYDEEEES annnd GEN-TLEmennnn! Welcome to the battle of the ages! In the blue corner, we have Elias "I'm an engineer so I'm always right" Windrider, and in the red corner we have Tramp "the stubbornistist" Graphics.

Round 1, was Korath terribly built ?

FIGHT!

To clarify the issue... is the premise of formulaicly converting from an a character organically grown (i.e. using an evolutionary algorithm to optimize a character) a la carte system, i.e. d6, to a not a la carte system, i.e. ffg star wars without respect to the conventions and mechanics of the ffg star wars system fundamentally ill posed. And does attempting to do it anyway strip off the evolutionary algorithm optimization result in a build that fails to live up to the espoused character concept, i.e. a character who is not good at anything (including the things the character is supposed to be good at) despite having spent (at last count 1760 xp). And if so does that imply the character should be rebuilt with the goal of fulfilling the theme and concept of the character while paying heed to the mechanics of the ffg system?

Edited by EliasWindrider

Wow, that is quite a discussion you've had

9g15os3sxj0ic3d6g.jpg

Edited by Yaccarus

Anyone who tries remaking the same character for years and years is an obsessive who should move on. Anyone who bothers to debate with such an obsessive is an idiot, as you're not going to reason them out of it.

Block him, move on, don't get obsessed yourself

🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Talkie Toaster said:

Anyone who tries remaking the same character for years and years is an obsessive who should move on. Anyone who bothers to debate with such an obsessive is an idiot, as you're not going to reason them out of it.

Block him, move on, don't get obsessed yourself

🤷‍♂️

@Tramp Graphics and I are good friends in real life, we disagree on almost everything except that we both think star wars is cool. Arguing like an old married couple is just our thing.

9 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

Wow, that is quite a discussion you've had

9g15os3sxj0ic3d6g.jpg

y46xvjxt5h351.jpg

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Tramp Graphics and I are good friends in real life, we disagree on almost everything except that we both think star wars is cool. Arguing like an old married couple is just our thing.

Do you think you could maybe do that without derailing lots of threads?

11 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

So, you guys could actually have these discussions face-to-face, via text, or just call each other, right? 😄

1 minute ago, Sturn said:

So, you guys could actually have these discussions face-to-face, via text, or just call each other, right? 😄

I think they like an audience...

Or ... they are the audience to our reactions? 🤯

3 minutes ago, Jegergryte said:

Or ... they are the audience to our reactions? 🤯

We've been tricked, backstabbed, and quite possibly bamboozled.

15 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

We've been tricked, backstabbed, and quite possibly bamboozled.

Indeed. There's some waggery afoot.

13 hours ago, Talkie Toaster said:

Do you think you could maybe do that without derailing lots of threads?

Well @P-47 Thunderbolt created this thread for you all to redirect our discussions to.

I enjoy some of those interactions; makes me really appreciate my players.

13 hours ago, Vorzakk said:

I enjoy some of those interactions; makes me really appreciate my players.

Alot of Topics in these forums do that for me too 😅

I'ts so rare to have a RPG Group that is on the exact same wavelength, I have learned to appreciate that greatly.