Fo Salad , 5 ship

By IgotTargetlocked, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Hey folks

I havent played any games snice the new points, but im thinking about ways to use the First order when i get back into it.

I love the Sf chassi, and Quickdraw with gunner, Afterburners and fanatical. Its not cheep, but its firepower is amazing

And i have played allot of mallarus, with 3-4 epsis and ace. But right before the new points i used a simular list to this one, but with Agent-Trex siting next to malarus, Now i dont have the points for that, but not enugh points for a huge bid either , so i used the points, all 4 of them to buff my Tie Fos, So instead of 2 epis, i put in Lt-Rivas , and Tina , the Crit pinjata.

What do u guys think?

Flying the Fos and the Xi in a block. Quickdraw flanking but not to far away, So she can use her awsome afterburners when needed to get that Range 1 Shot in range 2 of malarus, with Focus and lock. Im willing to trade a few shildes or even hull for that 8 dice oblitiration

Lieutenant Rivas — TIE/FO Fighter27

Ship Total: 27

Half Points: 14 Threshold: 2

TN-3465 — TIE/FO Fighter28

Ship Total: 28

Half Points: 14 Threshold: 2

“Scorch” — TIE/FO Fighter33

Fanatical2

Ship Total: 35

Half Points: 18 Threshold: 2

Commander Malarus — Xi-class Light Shuttle45

Ship Total: 45

Half Points: 23 Threshold: 4

“Quickdraw” — TIE/SF Fighter47

Fanatical2

Special Forces Gunner9

Afterburners7

Ship Total: 65

Half Points: 33 Threshold: 3

I was brewing something similar awhile ago but never got a chance to narrow everything down exactly and ended up going with a 3 ship build instead.

(42) Agent Terex [Xi-class Light Shuttle]
(6) Hondo Ohnaka
(3) Inertial Dampeners
(4) Rigged Cargo Chute
(2) False Transponder Codes

(47) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(9) Special Forces Gunner
(7) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System
(2) Fanatical

(33) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]

(31) "Longshot" [TIE/fo Fighter]

Total points: 188

4 ships with 3 dice attacks revolving around Terex giving out illicitly. The main build is giving QD Inertial Dampeners for the stop shot. Definitely a place for Snoke crew because you can peak a dial to know if you need to Inert with QD that round to get a shot. I ended up running this because I prefer a ace archetype, although it doesn’t bid.

Inert QD

(2) Fire-Control System
(2) Fanatical

(13) Supreme Leader Snoke
(3) Inertial Dampeners

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer]
(4) Extreme Maneuvers

Total points: 198

Edited by Erichxzann
18 hours ago, IgotTargetlocked said:

Hey folks

I havent played any games snice the new points, but im thinking about ways to use the First order when i get back into it.

I love the Sf chassi, and Quickdraw with gunner, Afterburners and fanatical. Its not cheep, but its firepower is amazing

And i have played allot of mallarus, with 3-4 epsis and ace. But right before the new points i used a simular list to this one, but with Agent-Trex siting next to malarus, Now i dont have the points for that, but not enugh points for a huge bid either , so i used the points, all 4 of them to buff my Tie Fos, So instead of 2 epis, i put in Lt-Rivas , and Tina , the Crit pinjata.

What do u guys think?

Kylo Malarus + 3 Epsilon FOs is a strong list. Swapping Quickdraw for Kylo, and upgrading the FO ties doesnt necessarily sound horrible.

Tested this for a moment as TTS allowed to play with stuff I don't possess IRL. Seemed solid, even without the SF gunner but some utility crew + bid instead. Has a very responsive mix of High Initiative hammers with low initiative blocking anvils, at only two distinct values making manoeuvring with the list quite elegant.

There's some easy but potent combo interaction between Rivas and LeHuse. And while it might seem counterintuitive, good TL efficiency allows to bypass Malarus' obligatory strain in life-or-death situations and/or during full blank attacks that won't be saved by a single reroll.

New Squadron

(53) "Holo" [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(2) Proud Tradition

(45) Commander Malarus [Xi-class Light Shuttle]
(2) Fanatical

(27) Lieutenant Rivas [TIE/fo Fighter]

(25) Epsilon Squadron Cadet [TIE/fo Fighter]

(37) Lieutenant LeHuse [TIE/sf Fighter]

Total points: 200

Edited by Ryfterek
23 hours ago, Erichxzann said:

I was brewing something similar awhile ago but never got a chance to narrow everything down exactly and ended up going with a 3 ship build instead.

(6) Hondo Ohnaka
(3) Inertial Dampeners
(4) Rigged Cargo Chute
(2) False Transponder Codes

(7) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System
(2) Fanatical

(33) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]

(31) "Longshot" [TIE/fo Fighter]

Total points: 188

4 ships with 3 dice attacks revolving around Terex giving out illicitly. The main build is giving QD Inertial Dampeners for the stop shot. Definitely a place for Snoke crew because you can peak a dial to know if you need to Inert with QD that round to get a shot. I ended up running this because I prefer a ace archetype, although it doesn’t bid.

Inert QD

(2) Fire-Control System
(2) Fanatical

(13) Supreme Leader Snoke
(3) Inertial Dampeners

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer]
(4) Extreme Maneuvers

Total points: 198

Looks good! But if you ask me, Shield Upgrade ought to be stapled to Quickdraw. More Shields = more chances to use the bonus attack, and greater survivability. I’m not sold on Afterburners Quickdraw, especially because then you AREN’T taking Shield Upgrade.