Rogue Squadron Movie announced!

By All Shields Forward, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Hopefully this is good for X-wing

Jesus Christ! After the disaster of 2020, I really, really needed something like that.

And thank goodnes they will keep away from ST era!

... If I am dreaming do not pinch me.

Edited by KiraYamatoSF

Hopefully AMG will deliver, given all of this ready-made marketable product coming up.

Very excited this sounds sweet

Yub, yub, Commander!

2 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Hope we get Director Ysanne Isard

1 hour ago, Hawkstrike said:

Yub, yub, Commander!

Oh, this better happen! šŸ˜

Just.. one show/movie WITHOUT the force.. please.

Projected release date of Christmas 2023. Whew - that is going to be a long wait.

2 hours ago, Scrivner said:

Projected release date of Christmas 2023. Whew - that is going to be a long wait.

Just think about all the clickbait speculation articles that we'll have to sift through!

15 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Yub, yub, Commander!

Focus all Firepower on @Hawkstrike I donā€™t want anything to get through!!

12 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Just.. one show/movie WITHOUT the force.. please.

Unless we get Corran Horn.

8 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

Just think about all the clickbait speculation articles that we'll have to sift through!

Or just wait for me to deliver the facts.

Cause thatā€™s my jam.

18 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

And thank goodnes they will keep away from ST era!

Well, maybe. I think this might actually be AFTER the sequels. " and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy," certainly sounds like we're going somewhere we haven't been already in the timeline. I'm expecting just-post-sequel-trilogy as the logo appears to feature a T-70 or something similar.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron logo

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

T-70 or something similar.

How about- E-Wings!

The ship in the teaser is clearly a T65.

4 hours ago, Bravo Null said:

Meh... was more interesting before he became a Jedi and got an entire planet killed.

37 minutes ago, Bravo Null said:

How about- E-Wings!

Please no. Youā€™ll not find a more wretched and ugly starfighter... and I'm including actual uglies in that.

6 hours ago, Bravo Null said:

Nah, he's better without the Force.

I'd rather we see Rogue Squadron between ESB and RotJ, but the immediate period post-Jedi is fine too.

13 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Nah, he's better without the Force.

Agreed. Hope to have him onscreen before his force training, maybe with very subtle clues about him being sensitive to it.

Keep expectations inline. Donā€™t insert your own story into this. Hopefully itā€™s good, hopefully itā€™s fun. Iā€™m actually pleased though that they have a director with actual fighter squadron knowledge (second hand) - I liked that teaser video.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Well, maybe. I think this might actually be AFTER the sequels. " and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy," certainly sounds like we're going somewhere we haven't been already in the timeline. I'm expecting just-post-sequel-trilogy as the logo appears to feature a T-70 or something similar.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron logo

Oh no...

On 12/10/2020 at 10:07 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Hope we get Director Ysanne Isard

Well, we got Director Patty Jenkins. That's a **** good start.