Any news on what happens to this forum?

By Piratical Moustache, in Star Wars: Armada

Will Atomic Mass Games set up a new forum for us?

Yes

The bad news is that a lot of FFG staff were let go. The good news is that none of the remaining staff know how to shut a forum.

You can discuss Marvel: Crisis Protocol Rules Questions here https://forums.atomicmassgames.com/

What an incredibly **** website - in no way linked to their main site.

And strangely enough, all threads get locked...

Asmodee, oh Asmodee...

14 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

You can discuss Marvel: Crisis Protocol Rules Questions here https://forums.atomicmassgames.com/

Asmodee, oh Asmodee...

It's almost cute how "baby's first forum" this looks... how long has AMG existed again? :huh:

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

It's almost cute how "baby's first forum" this looks... how long has AMG existed again? :huh:

This looks worse that the first forum I set up for my Play-by-eMail almost 20 years ago...

There are a lot of "dead" games that still have active (or, at least, not deactivated ) forums here on the FFG site. I would not expect FFG to shut this forum down either (though doesn't all of the 'real' Armada discussion happen on Facebook, Discord, and Reddit anyways?).

I can't view the forums without creating an account first? Ugh. That's a great way to get people involved and vested in your games.

Based on the glowing reviews in this thread I'll pass on making an account at this point.

3 minutes ago, thestag said:

I can't view the forums without creating an account first? Ugh. That's a great way to get people involved and vested in your games.

Based on the glowing reviews in this thread I'll pass on making an account at this point.

You really should join.

Then look at the Calendar tab and tell us what u think.

I dare you.

1 hour ago, EBerling said:

There are a lot of "dead" games that still have active (or, at least, not deactivated ) forums here on the FFG site. I would not expect FFG to shut this forum down either (though doesn't all of the 'real' Armada discussion happen on Facebook, Discord, and Reddit anyways?).

You think you're young and hip until one day, you wake up and realize you have no idea what Discord even is.

5 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Asmodee, oh Asmodee...

Yeah this is a really strange forum. Granted, it seems it's rules questions and nothing else.

5 hours ago, Green Knight said:

The calendar I find especially useful:

https://forums.atomicmassgames.com/calendar/

That's a sad-looking calendar.

3 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

You think you're young and hip until one day, you wake up and realize you have no idea what Discord even is.

I am with you, Discord makes me feel really old. I turn into the get off my lawn guy talking about it. Not for me.

Discord is a real-time direct chat tool, I really don’t get why people use it as a forum, it’s awful for that!

11 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

My kids saw me reading something in discord and were amazed. “How do you know what discord is?” Etc.

16 hours ago, EBerling said:

That's a really good point. FFG gave control of Dust Tactics to Battlefront in 2013, yet you can still make new topics in the old FFG forum (I just checked). It's dead though.

Abandon ship for the various discords is an option, but the discords don't let you go back and see topics from years prior if you know what you're looking for. Close this down and we lose a lot of history.

35 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Abandon ship for the various discords is an option, but the discords don't let you go back and see topics from years prior if you know what you're looking for. Close this down and we lose a lot of history.

my internet buttpats! I need them!

2 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

All of my self esteem is tied in to my thank/like ratio.

1 hour ago, flatpackhamster said:

All of my self esteem is tied in to my thank/like ratio.

Tell me about it

Post to like ratio is nice and all, but being able to go and look at what was posted 4-5 years ago is incredibly useful when it comes to things like "players posting about a list they ran in X tournament from 2016".

Just now, BiggsIRL said:

Post to like ratio is nice and all, but being able to go and look at what was posted 4-5 years ago is incredibly useful when it comes to things like "players posting about a list they ran in X tournament from 2016".

Meh, what I would really miss are the weird overlapping deployment photo collection, that was hilarious

Hey Folks. Just sharing what I've received from AMG about how / when / if forums will be created at AMG in an email i sent.

"Hey Derek!
Sadly you are correct - I don’t have any real information to give you. We will just have to wait before we can talk much about anything Star Wars related, but I’ve got your email and appreciate the introduction!
I hope to have more information soon.
Cheers!"

Its not much, but considering that I got a response within 10 minutes of sending an email to them. That speaks volumes I feel.

Makes me wonder if Admiral Nelson's Great wall of text is still standing?

That was one of the 7 saltyest wonders of the forum, and the GOAT of all forum rants!

New players should be able to see what happened when Flotillas were first released. Dark times... Hilarious, but still dark.