Scum Ordnance

By eljms, in X-Wing Squad Lists

With the new tracer missiles available, and lower ordnance points, it feels like there's got to be some very strong ordnance lists out there, waiting to be discovered. My first thought was to just spam Z95s with tracers and ion - thread here .

Yesterday I tried two tracer carrying Z95s (also with False Transponder Codes) and four M3-As with proton torps. Low initiative and proton torps is typically a risk as it can be hard to create the opportunities to use them against higher initiative aces (getting arc dodged / initiative killed). I think that's still a risk, but the existence of tracers makes me want to try. The tracers help you get locks for the lower initiative ships, and they tend to be a targeting priority, keeping the proton torp carriers alive a bit longer and increasing the odds of using the torps. I flew the list in two blocks rather than one, to try and create more coverage and unpredictability. I'm not sold on it - too much depends on getting opportunities to shoot the proton torps, and that doesn't feel at all guaranteed. Tracers can miss, arcs can be dodged etc. etc. But it does carry threat. You potentially unload several fully modded four dice attacks into a target in a round.

Binayre Pirate (22)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (2)
False Transponder Codes (2)

Ship total: 26 Half Points: 13 Threshold: 2

Binayre Pirate (22)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Ship total: 37 Half Points: 19 Threshold: 2

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z159X332W369WY159X332W369WY139XW136Y139XW136Y139XW136Y139XW136&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Anybody else looking at Scum Ordnance? What are you trying?

Edited by eljms
On 12/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, eljms said:

With the new tracer missiles available, and lower ordnance points, it feels like there's got to be some very strong ordnance lists out there, waiting to be discovered. My first thought was to just spam Z95s with tracers and ion - thread here .

Yesterday I tried two tracer carrying Z95s (also with False Transponder Codes) and four M3-As with proton torps. Low initiative and proton torps is typically a risk as it can be hard to create the opportunities to use them against higher initiative aces (getting arc dodged / initiative killed). I think that's still a risk, but the existence of tracers makes me want to try. The tracers help you get locks for the lower initiative ships, and they tend to be a targeting priority, keeping the proton torp carriers alive a bit longer and increasing the odds of using the torps. I flew the list in two blocks rather than one, to try and create more coverage and unpredictability. I'm not sold on it - too much depends on getting opportunities to shoot the proton torps, and that doesn't feel at all guaranteed. Tracers can miss, arcs can be dodged etc. etc. But it does carry threat. You potentially unload several fully modded four dice attacks into a target in a round.

Binayre Pirate (22)

Binayre Pirate (22)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Cartel Spacer (25)
Proton Torpedoes (12)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z159X332W369WY159X332W369WY139XW136Y139XW136Y139XW136Y139XW136&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Anybody else looking at Scum Ordnance? What are you trying?

If it’s me, I’m thinking that you want to go with two Cartel Spacers with Proton Torpedoes, the two Binayre Pirates, and then smush the other two Spacers together for something else. Like, for the 74 points that two Spacers represent, you can buy a really big threat... Fearless Fenn and a bid? A decked out Jumpmaster 5000 or Scum Falcon? Asajj Ventress? Talonbane Cobra and something else? There are a ton of options. That allows you to present a block threat of Pirates and Spacers, with a flanker, so your opponent has to decide where to commit.

Edited by Cpt ObVus