Nimbus Class V-Wing Reviews

By Makikis, in X-Wing

I've noticed that there aren't really many people who review/unbox new X-Wing ships, so I thought I would start this thread for people to review the Nimbus Class V-Wing that came out recently.

Please try to take more list-build-y discussion-y type things elsewhere. This is intended to be a tool for people looking into buying the Nimbus Class V-Wing. (Also please let me know if someone is already doing something like this).

*I know that Crabbok does unboxings, but (at least for me) it is nicer to have multiple opinions on a product rather than just one.

Edited by Makikis

they look freaking awesome. what else is there to know?

They going on the table regardless of if I want them to or not.

16 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Funny how opinions can differ so much, I think they look pretty awfull, an mish mash og designs thrown together :)

2 hours ago, Dwing said:

Funny how opinions can differ so much, I think they look pretty awfull, an mish mash og designs thrown together :)

Their in-franchise reason for in-universe existence is to bridge the design gap between OG and Preq. starfighters, so there's a purpose to that. ;)

I have seen two across the table, the look cool, and their pre move action is fun to watch. However, at least in this first round, they pop like soap bubbles against Silencers.

1 hour ago, Ryfterek said:

Their in-franchise reason for in-universe existence is to bridge the design gap between OG and Preq. starfighters, so there's a purpose to that. ;)

Yes I know, I just don't like what they went with in the end :)

Edited by Dwing
1 hour ago, clanofwolves said:

I have seen two across the table, the look cool, and their pre move action is fun to watch. However, at least in this first round, they pop like soap bubbles against Silencers.

Are you talking about v-wings or eta-2s? V-wings don't have any pre move action.

1 hour ago, xanatos135 said:

Are you talking about v-wings or eta-2s? V-wings don't have any pre move action.

You are so correct, sorry for my mistake mate. I haven't played in quite a while and when I was offered a game, my opponent showed me all his new Jedi toys and these new ships, and I simply defaulted to triple Silencers and we had a go. I saw the V-wings, but I played against (2) of the ETA-2 ACTIS and a LAAT/i Gunship with Yoda on board.

I'll keep my pie-hole shut on the V-Wing until I fly against one. Thanks @xanatos135 for keeping the old guys straight on the new hotness.

12 hours ago, Dwing said:

But they have little wings. And they’re pointy. And red and white. Wheeeeeeee

im extremely logical about this.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:42 AM, Blail Blerg said:

This.

However, without a missile/torp slot, they are not going to replace my love for the N1.

23 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

However, without a missile/torp slot, they are not going to replace my love for the N1.

I was just bemoaning last night that the V-Wing would be better with a missile slot. The boost linking into a lock would really synergize with a munition of some sort.

31 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

This.

Design foresight or playtesting?

5 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I was just bemoaning last night that the V-Wing would be better with a missile slot. The boost linking into a lock would really synergize with a munition of some sort.

Yes, playtesting it is...

Boost into red target lock, but NO munitions... 👎

Title for more damage?
yea being locked to 2 dice is not so good. I think they look good with an LAAT too maybe 3V laat eta?

Edited by Blail Blerg
5 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

being locked to 2 dice is not so good.

That's why it seems like to me that Alpha-3B "Besh" is sorta necessary to be able to guarantee a hit/actually use the locks well. In my experience locks aren't too great for 2 attack dice ships.

9 minutes ago, Makikis said:

That's why it seems like to me that Alpha-3B "Besh" is sorta necessary to be able to guarantee a hit/actually use the locks well. In my experience locks aren't too great for 2 attack dice ships.

I've never really enjoyed 2 dice attacks, except when they're 180arcs. If I wanted to nibble on something I'd get a cracker.

7 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

I've never really enjoyed 2 dice attacks, except when they're 180arcs. If I wanted to nibble on something I'd get a cracker.

That's why it's probably good to use more than one and send them out there together. When using clones, I try to think of them as getting enemy ships ready for when your Jedi (or your ARCs) come in to finish them off.

Two dice attack BUT they are really cheap bombers as well....and they have the "ONE SPEED" turn.....

2 hours ago, Wayne Argabright said:

Two dice attack BUT they are really cheap bombers as well....and they have the "ONE SPEED" turn...

And blue 2 -hards. With Besh adding a light version of advanced optics and also making them a bombing platform, I think there is decent potential for these gents, but none of can see the Matrix yet.

They would also make cheap "snap shot" platforms....

3 minutes ago, Wayne Argabright said:

They would also make cheap "snap shot" platforms...

I like the sound of that! But what expansion do you get snapshot in? The Y-Wing? I don't have it and I really want it...

I dont know..lol I think YASB 2 will tell you if you use it...

Sources BTL-B Y-Wing Expansion Pack, Fireball Expansion Pack, Heralds of Hope Expansion Pack, Hotshots and Aces Reinforcements Pack, Nantex-class Starfighter Expansion Pack, TIE/rb Heavy Expansion Pack, Xi-class Light Shuttle Expansion Pack

As someone who's seen what quad snap shot Torrents can do with even decent dice, I wholly approve of this.

Don't have any V-wings but wouldn't the boost-lock work well with targeting synchronizer? Goes in, grabs a lock, gives it away.