Nimbus Class V-Wing Reviews

By Makikis, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I've noticed that there aren't really many people who review/unbox new X-Wing ships, so I thought I would start this thread for people to review the Nimbus Class V-Wing that came out recently.

Please try to take more list-build-y discussion-y type things elsewhere. This is intended to be a tool for people looking into buying the Nimbus Class V-Wing. (Also please let me know if someone is already doing something like this).

4 minutes ago, Makikis said:

Please try to take more list-build-y discussion-y type things elsewhere

Did you mean to post this on the 'Squad Lists' sub forum?

Might be a better fit on the main forum?

I didn't realize there was a main forum! Thanks! I wasn't sure which category to put this in. Do you think I should repost it on the main one or just leave it for now?

@Crabbok usually does unboxings for everything.

So far all I know to say is “meh.” I like Klick as a stand alone to beef my squad but aside from that I haven’t found anything else that.... “klicks” yet. I’ll see myself out.

6 hours ago, j_man_04 said:

So far all I know to say is “meh.” I like Klick as a stand alone to beef my squad but aside from that I haven’t found anything else that.... “klicks” yet. I’ll see myself out.

I've never been the biggest enthusiast of GAR's Jedi platform(s) so I've eagerly jumped straight into testing the Vs.

I believe that for mere 37 points each, the i5s are phenomenal pocket aces. "Besh" providers Optics level of consistency in attack. The dial is versatile. Action bar could be a touch better (e.g. red Evade wouldn't hurt at all) but you can't have 70 points of utility fit into the chassis at half the price.

"Contrail" is superb at hand forcing the opponent movement - even better than Ric and I have rocked that one for a whole year after his release. Not to mention the two combined in one list might simply find some ships unable to dial anything that counteracts both abilities. The clone is also a phenomenal jouster - set him up in front of the enemy joust and advance straight, simple as that.

"OddBall" finally found himself a chassis solid enough to be taken just because of the initiative, but on top of that "Besh" actually makes his lock handy as they become a consistent source of mods.

And as if I haven't praised the config enough yet, getting a bomb slot on a fast, mobile platform with alright punch and reasonable resilience is a STEAL! Myself I'm too big fan of clustering the battlefield with ARCs to voluntarily season the area with proton bombs but those of you who prefer an ace playstyle of the Jedi should find a cheap, reliable filler with extra area control a mighty tool in the toolbox.

Here's my list of preference:

Attack of the Clones v2

(42) 104th Battalion Pilot [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(42) 104th Battalion Pilot [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(36) "Broadside" [BTL-B Y-wing]
(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(33) "Contrail" [Nimbus-class V-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(2) Alpha-3B "Besh"

(32) "Odd Ball" [Nimbus-class V-wing]
(2) Alpha-3B "Besh"
(3) Precision Ion Engines