Does any of the books mention Beskar?

By OddballE8, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

12 hours ago, Eoen said:

What about phrik, the other Star Wars super metal? I would never accept that Beskar doesn’t stop pierce if it stops breach as a player, as breach is a quality associated with anti-armor vehicle scale weapons and pierce is the quality associated with anti-armor personal scale weapons. So why would Beskar stop the more powerful of the two weapon qualities and not the lesser quality of armor piercing? Also that sniper rifle knocked Mando on his *** in season one but didn't penetrate leaving only a slight discoloring, where regular blaster fire just bounces off most times.

As a GM I wouldn't care what you accept as a player when it comes to rules ;)

Also, why are Bullet proof vests not good against stabbings? Because they're made differently from Stab vests. (And no, I'm not counting the ones with hard inlays and such... I mean kevlar vests)

But if you have an alternative to differentiate between Beskar and Cortosis (and Phrik, if you want), go right ahead and lay them out.

Edited by OddballE8
12 hours ago, Eoen said:

They are talking about house rules I believe. But RAW you are right. I would say that the rules coving the quality cortosis where developed in 2013 and a lot has changed in canon since then, like beskar being made canon.

Agreed.

On 12/9/2020 at 1:26 AM, OddballE8 said:

As a GM I wouldn't care what you accept as a player when it comes to rules ;)

GM’s who don’t give a **** about what players want don’t have players for long. Breach 1 is just basically piece 10. And the show your drawing your house rule from show the super metal being effective against pierce weapons. Also the Kevlar example you gave is a bad analogy, the titanium plate in modern armor will turn a blade.

Which is why I move to an organized play model it puts limits on GM’s.

Edited by Eoen
29 minutes ago, Eoen said:

GM’s who don’t give a **** about what players want don’t have players for long.

And GM's who pander to players rules wishes end up with broken games.

But hey, you do you, man.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:05 PM, Jedi Ronin said:

I haven’t seen a mechanical effect letting Cortosis shut off a lightsaber. The fluff often goes into lore not reflected in mechanics. I’d say such a thing is the purview of narrative descriptions when spending Despair to deactivate a lightsaber.

that is the refined Cortosis quality which is in the system.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, OddballE8 said:

And GM's who pander to players rules wishes end up with broken games.

But hey, you do you, man.

It's playing by RAW not pandering. Most of the broken games I've played in are because of the GM and their house rules.

Edited by Eoen