New upcoming unconfirmed products

By Venompuppy, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

So there has been a lot of talk about these new unconfirmed products in the product list thread, so I decided to move the conversation here.

It came to me the other day when I was thinking about who the five villains were going to be in each of the new campaign boxes(if they were what I guessed/hoped for), but then I realized that each one came two heroes as well! So what are your guy's guesses/hopes for who the new villains and heroes are going to be?

My guesses for Titan's Shadow are Thanos and his four "children" as the scenarios, Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive, Obsidian guy, and Squidward. I don't remember all of there names 😅 . Although I personally don't see the appeal of playing some of these guys separately, it could make sense for a campaign. For heroes, I don't know. Not a lot to pull from the MCU now. You've got Mantis, but who else? You've got Yondu, but I'm pretty sure most of us would agree that we'd want earth 691, instead of earth 616. And if you did Yondu earth 691, I feel like they'd be more obligated to pull out one of those other Guardians from earth 691.

For Sinister Motives, my guess is Sinister 6, but I've heard other guesses. If it is Sinister 6, I could see them doing one of the teams with Rhino, and then make Rhino from the core box apart of the campaign so as to keep at the preferred 5 scenario quota. The only problem is he doesn't have a trait to signify he's apart of the Sinister 6, but they might not do a trait for that at all, though I highly doubt that. For heroes? Again, I don't know. I'd assume you'd do some of Spider Man's allies, but who? Black Cat and a spider person like Silk or Scarlet Spider? Or spider verse with Miles and Gwen? Although I assume they wouldn't choose the latter, cause they already have a decent amount of people with spider powers, and two more heroes with that power set is too much I would think. At least in light of the fact that there's so much other heroes/power sets to use.

Also, isn't it weird how all of the products are placed? Usually a campaign box sets up the theme for the next wave of heroes, but not Titan's Shadow. Unless this one's more of a bridge, since both Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers fight Thanos frequently. But that still wouldn't make sense because Nebula comes after that, but they could be slightly out of order.

Sorry for the long post, but remember. These aren't confirmed spoilers, but it looks legit to me. Besides, a girl can dream, right?

Rampant speculation? Lets goooooooooooo!

Titan's Shadow suggests some things related to the mad Titan Thanos but to me is more of a hint of things to come than showdown. I'm 100% down with the Black Order (Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, and Ebony Maw) as villains so that's four of the five scenarios. Do we then get a Chitauri army scenario? The 'missing' fifth member from the comics, Supergiant, who was never seen in the MCU? Do we get some Thanos-related allies from the comics like Mephisto, Magus, etc? RoRS had the Reality Stone and GMW has the Power Stone so would Titan's Shadow go hog wild and have the other four Stones? Seems doubtful to me so I'd expect one or two if they're going to emulate the MCU and have a long overarching story involving more Stones as more campaign boxes release, with a 'return to Thanos' campaign in a couple years. As for heroes, Falcon and Winter Solider are the two most prominent MCU good guys that don't have hero cards yet so they're in strong consideration. However we know FFG is leaning more towards comics for source material and using the MCU as advertising to draw new players that don't necessarily read the comics but had at least heard of the movies. To that end, maybe we get a cosmic Avenger like Quasar or otherworldly allies/troublemakers like Adam Warlock? This would be a good place to get MCU supporting characters like Mantis and Yondu as heroes since Thanos would be the headliner here.

Sinister Motives seems to be either Sinister Six/Syndicate or possibly a lead-in to X-Men with Mister Sinister. I'm hoping it's the former. While there's no doubt that X-Men will come eventually, this release seems a bit soon for lead time based on hints from interviews with the developers so I'm going to stick to Spider-villains. As a casual fan of Spidey who gets most of my current information from a friend, I can name off a ton of villains but don't know if/how they've worked together or been a part of the Six/Syndicate in the past. All I know is I want Doctor Octopus! Getting other classic villains like Kraven, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Lizard, etc. is all I want from it. Hero-wise, I like the idea of Miles, Gwen, and/or Black Cat as the main hero with a publicly less-known Spider-ally like Silver Sable as the other hero.

44 minutes ago, BCumming said:

Sinister Motives seems to be either Sinister Six/Syndicate or possibly a lead-in to X-Men with Mister Sinister. I'm hoping it's the former. While there's no doubt that X-Men will come eventually, this release seems a bit soon for lead time based on hints from interviews with the developers so I'm going to stick to Spider-villains.

That's my thought, too, considering how Caleb emphasized that while they will definitely be coming, it would be a while before we see the X-Men.

Overall, I'm really excited to see how these all shake out. I desperately want to take on Squidward with Dr. Strange 😂

I am also excited about these leaks even though they are not confirmed. Dreaming is free 🙂

For Thanos' campaign I remember perfectly that there was a storyline in which the Cosmic Ghost Rider (The Punisher) had the mission to kill Thanos (who had turned into a baby) and joined the Guardians of the Galaxy for a time . It would make sense for Cosmic Ghost Rider to be one of the heroes.

On the other hand, in some issues of the Guardians of the Galaxy comics Vance Astro was recovered along with StarkHawk from 691 ... I hope they are the two heroes of the campaign !!! They could take the other Guardians as allies, an Aggression Mr. Charlie27, an Justice Aleta, an Protection Nikki or a Leadership Youndu ... even a neutral Talon !! I doubt it, because they are not very well known in the MCU but ... who knows? Maybe they have read our posts ... 😉

For Sinister ambitions I vote for the Sinister Six. I doubt with X-Men Mutant Insurrection fresh out of the oven they will catch up with the mutants now. Caleb already warned that it would take time to see them. Given their popularity I think they will reserve them to relaunch the game when sales decline.

I would prefer the original formation of the Sinister Six from the comics ... but I remind you that not long ago, in the Marvel Now! line from comics, Spiderman faced the Sinister Sixteen !! They have many members to choose from ...

For the heroes I think they will opt for the well-known Spider-Friends: FireStar, and IceMan along with well-known partners like Black Cat, Moon Knight, Silver Sable or Rocket Racer; Although most of them are very little known and do not appear in the MCU, they appeared in the legendary animated series of the 80's and 90's that many people, who now earn money to spend, saw as children.

People have very good memories of those series and the characters will remember them for sure. I would like to see them. Taking advantage of nostalgia of these series can be as lucrative as taking advantage of the popularity of the MCU 😉