Product Ordered Picked Shipped Status
Star Wars Armada: Separatist Alliance Fleet Starter 1 1 0 Picked
Star Wars Armada: Separatist Fighter Squadrons 1 0 0 On order with suppliers
Star Wars Armada: Galactic Republic Fleet Starter 1 1 0 Picked
Star Wars Armada: Republic Fighter Squadrons 1 0 0 On order with suppliers
Star Wars Armada: Upgrade Card Collection 1 0 0 On order with suppliers

Last weeks X-Wing too

Star Wars X-Wing: Eta-2 Actis Expansion Pack- DELAYED

Star Wars X-Wing: Droid Tri-Fighter Expansion Pack- ALLOCATED DOWN DUE TO DEMAND

Star Wars X-Wing: HMP Droid Gunship- ALLOCATED DOWN DUE TO DEMAND

Who was this with?

I've had similar with bgextras. Short of 1 card pack and 4 separatist squad packs

Ive been able to get the starter packs and dial packs but no squadrons

There was a thread on this last week:

And there have been some discussions on the Facebook group and elsewhere. The tl;dr is that AsmodeeUK didn't have enough stock to fulfil all the orders FLGSs put in to them. Some FLGSs have been getting half to a third of what they asked for, with the promise of another batch in January.

On the whole there seem to be enough Fleet Starters and Dial Packs, but there is a shortage of Squadron Packs, and a severe shortage of Upgrade Card Collections.

Some places (mainly those who prepared for a shortage when allowing pre-orders) still have some Upgrade Card Collections, but you may have to search a few places and/or ask around.

The same seems to have happened with recent X-Wing and Legion, but to a lesser extent. This could be a problem with Asmodee not producing enough fast enough, AsmodeeUK underestimating demand, or the general difficulties the UK is having at the moment with imports.

Edited by Grumbleduke
On 12/5/2020 at 5:21 PM, Grumbleduke said:

The same seems to have happened with recent X-Wing and Legion, but to a lesser extent. This could be a problem with Asmodee not producing enough fast enough, AsmodeeUK underestimating demand, or the general difficulties the UK is having at the moment with imports.

There not being enough FFG stock has been an issue for over 12 months for several of their lines. However, in this case I think there are a couple of different reasons.

For the card packs I think its clearly a case of Asmodee underestimating demand, not realising that every Armada player would want to get their hands on it for the errata'ed cards, if nothing else.

The squadron packs, on the other hand, I think have had issues because of people buying multiples. I don't think we'd have seen the same problem if they'd been ordered on a 1 starter, 1 squadron pack basis. But upset that ratio and it leaves shortages.

Asmodee are awful at predicting adequate stock levels at launch for their products though.

Edited by amazingmrg

To be fair to them on the upgrade card pack, its hard to predict how many players who have dropped away from the game will buy this as a way of jumping back in.

The club I go to in Essex has about half a dozen armada players... I think one of us has brought a ship since before the SSD was released, we've not played a game of armada at the club for over 18 months... 2 of us pre-ordered the card pack, with 1 picking it up last week from a shop in Norfolk....Out of the same bunch 1 player has ordered the clones and thats it...

(doesnt mean that asmodee arent useless at predicting anywhere near enough stock in any of the their Star wars games though..... :p)

Edited by slasher956

I ordered from the-outpost as soon as pre order was available.

fullfilment stock seems an issue.

I cancelled the squadrons and card park so they could ship me the 2 starter packs.

then found Cliftonroadgames had the squadrons and card pack in stock.

Some stores have pushed back till 18th now on squadrons and card pack. While the odd store has some stock.

plenty of starters from what I can see.

hope you all get yours in time for Xmas.

Have a great Xmas and new year all!