SPOILERS!!! Mando Chapter 14. Spoilers and speculation

By drail14me, in X-Wing Off-Topic

The fan service keeps coming!! He's back an now he has his armor. Fennec is also back which raises a few questions.

First, last season we see Fennec get shot. At the end of the episode, a figure with spurs walks up and everyone speculates it's Fett.

Season 2 opener and we see the Marshall walk in with Fett's armor and spurs. So, I figured it must have been him that found Fennec. But now, Chapter 14 explains that it was Fett that found her. So, what's the deal with the spurs? I'm probably thinking to much into this.

As for the rest of this episode. I expected Grogu to choose Mando over the Force. So now, with Grogu connecting with the Force, it now seems that a Jedi SHOULD seek him out. My money is on Luke followed closely by Ezra. With Thrawn's name thrown out, that tells me he's already back so that should mean Exra is as well.

Here are my thougts:

So, I’m fairly confidant that Din Djarin is Disney’s Kyle Katarn.

The reason is Tython looked too much like the Valley of the Jedi from Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast.

I reference the concept of Chekov’s gun - Chekov was a playwright who said, to paraphrase, if a gun shows up on stage (in the background), expect that gun to be used at some point. With all the dialogue of Din saying he can’t train him, and Grogu saying he’s like a father.. well, I think when Din was trying to Grab Grogu, he was imbued with the force. The third time he was sent flying was clearly different. Grogu needs a teacher but doesn’t want to leave Din. The visual cues. Heck, even the Razer Crest being destroyed harkens back to Kyle’s Mouldy Crow.

Tie in the Darksaber - created by a Mandalorian Jedi. There is so much being done that, to me, implies this.

Now With two episodes left, I don’t expect full force powers, but as a running plot point for season 3.. I think so.

4 hours ago, drail14me said:

...season 2 opener and we see the Marshall walk in with Fett's armor and spurs. So, I figured it must have been him that found Fennec. But now, Chapter 14 explains that it was Fett that found her. So, what's the deal with the spurs? I'm probably thinking to much into this...

I'd have to rewatch and check, but I'm 99.9% sure that the Marshall wasn't wearing spurs. I remember seeing episode commentary at the time Episode 1 aired, where people were saying the Marshall wasn't the mysterious character from season one specifically because he didn't have the spurs.

The episode was great. Direction, acting, story progression... all great.

I have questions with some of the writing - there's a lot of conveniences in the way the story progresses - but they're usually inconsequential enough that I can shrug them off.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

I'd have to rewatch and check, but I'm 99.9% sure that the Marshall wasn't wearing spurs. I remember seeing episode commentary at the time Episode 1 aired, where people were saying the Marshall wasn't the mysterious character from season one specifically because he didn't have the spurs.

The episode was great. Direction, acting, story progression... all great.

I have questions with some of the writing - there's a lot of conveniences in the way the story progresses - but they're usually inconsequential enough that I can shrug them off.

Watch the scene when Mando first meets the Marshal. You can’t see his feet but when the Marshal walks into the bar you can clearly hear the spurs as he takes three steps.

Yes, very inconsequential but made me wonder.

The other question I have is why Fett didn’t get the armor from the Marshal. He clearly could have taken it by force.

5 hours ago, drail14me said:

Watch the scene when Mando first meets the Marshal. You can’t see his feet but when the Marshal walks into the bar you can clearly hear the spurs as he takes three steps.

Yes, very inconsequential but made me wonder.

The other question I have is why Fett didn’t get the armor from the Marshal. He clearly could have taken it by force.

All speculation but perhaps he was in the middle of doing so but Mando came in and got him and the Marshal involved in that Krayt mess. He could have also been busy recovering his Slave 1, acquiring the Gafti Stick he has in some manner, to helping Fennec recover. Could have been tracking it down, wouldn't be the first time Jawas paid for being involved in stuff.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:59 PM, drail14me said:

My speculation is that Boba didn't actually know where his armor was, but happened upon it while following Mando. I'm curious how he even got separated from it.

51 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

My speculation is that Boba didn't actually know where his armor was, but happened upon it while following Mando. I'm curious how he even got separated from it.

If I remember correctly from one of the books, Jawas rescue Boba from dying in the desert after he escaped the Sarlac. The cost of his rescue is he armor. The Marshal then trades for the armor.