Parallel Investigators

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Bad Blood: Article , Cards , Scenario .

• Her scenario needs the Core Set & The Forgotten Age Deluxe Expansion & Threads of Fate to play.
  • Deckbuilding: " Deck Size of 25. Mystic cards 0-5, Spell cards 0-3, Occult cards 0-3, Neutral cards 0-5."

ahc_bb_diagram1.png

ahc_bb_heirloom-of-hyperborea.png ahc_bb_dark-memory.png

Original cards:

AHC01_12.jpg AHC01_13.jpg

I can't find a previously existing thread, so from our own past lives.

Read or Die: Article , Cards , Scenario .

ahc_rod_diagram1-big.png ahc_rod_daisys-tote-bag.png ahc_rod_the-necronomicon.png

All or Nothing: Article , Cards , Scenario .

ahc_aon_diagram1.png ahc_aon_on-the-lam.png ahc_aon_hospital-debts.png

Edited by Duciris

I guess we can anticipate Wendy or Roland next.

1 hour ago, Soakman said:

I guess we can anticipate Wendy or Roland next.

I bet it'll be Wendy because Roland already has a novella.

So old Agnes was never a bad design, but I will say I am really excited to try new Agnes. I like that her new ability feeds more into the Heirloom, and the flip on her health and sanity is real interesting. It is cool that they are making these parallel investigators play very differently from the originals. Also pretty cool that she has a spin on Skid's deck building options centered on spells. Some real interesting Spell event options that you might want to dupe in your deck. Is having 6 copies of the different versions of Ward of Protection a ridiculous idea? I like that upgraded Heirloom can make it's money back and turn a profit if you completely exhaust its health total and that's without considering the card draw. That's quite an upgrade. Sitting on 4 resources for her weakness on the other hand is pretty hefty (and it was already considered a pretty hard weaknesses in it's original form), but if you are mostly using her investigator ability to play spell events maybe it's not that bad in practice.

Also this version opens up some interesting options. Hallowed Mirror and Occult Lexicon to name two that popped out to me. Both add more spell events into the deck once setup. Of course Hallowed Mirror conflicts with the upgraded Heirloom so... maybe a suboptimal choice though since she is taking alot of damage it might be worth it to throw a copy of Relic Hunter in there. Though I like Occult Lexicon to speed the deck up even more and give her another small damage option if we are going hard on spell events.

Edited by phillos
4 hours ago, Jaync said:

I bet it'll be Wendy because Roland already has a novella.

I hope we don't see an even worse version of Abandoned and Alone, lol. I know we will, but I don't want to. I can always hope.

Yeah, judging from the fact that they made Agnes's also terrible weakness even worse, I suspect they will do that to Wendy's too. And the alternate sigs have the "Advanced" keyword so it wouldn't seem fitting that an "Advanced" version is worse than the normal one. Oh well, I hope the new Amulet will be good enough to make up for it.

Glad we are still getting these alternate cards with new possibilities but am disappointed that we didn’t get enough interest in other print and play cards from the other FFG promotion.

RM

Anyone see make playing cards get an actual version of these yet? I bought the fan made version of the skids and daisy so they could have the backs, anyone hear anything?