Thermal Detonators (3)
Slave I (3)

Zam Wesell (76)
Predator (2)
Chancellor Palpatine (14)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Total: 194

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

A shiny new Twin Firespray list I've worked out and touched on in my thread discussing Firesprays. Jango assassinates I5s and I6s with a lesser bid by getting behind them and unleashing a barrage uncancelable crits, while Zam dares anybody to shoot her and feed her locks/bonus attacks and take a stress for their trouble. Thermals pile on the hurt, providing AoE damage with Dooku being able to guarantee a crit damage on whatever wants it least.

If you get the perfect Range 1-2 bullseye shot from behind with Dooku available, all you need is to roll 2 Hit results (or Focus results if Jango has a Focus token) to force 3 uncancelable crits into whatever poor sucker ended in that situation. Ideally, something like Focus + Evade Soontir / Evade ETA Jedi behind a gas cloud to really rub it in.

If this list is as nasty as it looks, it'll be the perfect list to make players hate you. Any thoughts on how to refine this nightmare?

3 hours ago, Enigami said:

Jango Fett (79)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)
Count Dooku (10)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Slave I (3)

Zam Wesell (76)
Predator (2)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Total: 194

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

A shiny new Twin Firespray list I've worked out and touched on in my thread discussing Firesprays. Jango assassinates I5s and I6s with a lesser bid by getting behind them and unleashing a barrage uncancelable crits, while Zam dares anybody to shoot her and feed her locks/bonus attacks and take a stress for their trouble. Thermals pile on the hurt, providing AoE damage with Dooku being able to guarantee a crit damage on whatever wants it least.

If you get the perfect Range 1-2 bullseye shot from behind with Dooku available, all you need is to roll 2 Hit results (or Focus results if Jango has a Focus token) to force 3 uncancelable crits into whatever poor sucker ended in that situation. Ideally, something like Focus + Evade Soontir / Evade ETA Jedi behind a gas cloud to really rub it in.

If this list is as nasty as it looks, it'll be the perfect list to make players hate you. Any thoughts on how to refine this nightmare?

I’m not yet familiar enough with the new Firespray pilots to comment helpfully, but I like where yer head’s at. Looks nasty!

I’m personally going to try and make Maul & Jango a thing, because flying my favorite Prequel villains together in all their anachronistic glory sounds like fun times, and might actually get me to finally rewatch Epidode II. Maybe I’ll even turn the sound on this time! :P

Edited by Cpt ObVus
9 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I’m not yet familiar enough with the new Firespray pilots to comment helpfully, but I like where yer head’s at. Looks nasty!

I’m personally going to try and make Maul & Jango a thing, because flying my favorite Prequel villains together in all their anachronistic glory sounds like fun times, and might actually get me to finally rewatch Epidode II. Maybe I’ll even turn the sound on this time! :P

Of course Maul & Jango can be a thing, you can pretty easily scoot Zam and Palp into the Infiltrator and run Hate Maul to make another "I dare you to shoot me" ship. I actually worked out that list before the Jango+Zam list, but I haven't gotten it on the table yet. Maul's massive Force pool fueled by Hate looks really good, but Zam's +1 Agility and rear firing arc are really good too. It'll take some time for me to get a feel for which is better.

It looks nasty as anything. Nastier even. But it'll have to be seen how well it stands up defensively. Being able to outlast the opposing squad has always seemed to be an important element of 2x Spray, to me.

22 minutes ago, Enigami said:

Of course Maul & Jango can be a thing, you can pretty easily scoot Zam and Palp into the Infiltrator and run Hate Maul to make another "I dare you to shoot me" ship. I actually worked out that list before the Jango+Zam list, but I haven't gotten it on the table yet. Maul's massive Force pool fueled by Hate looks really good, but Zam's +1 Agility and rear firing arc are really good too. It'll take some time for me to get a feel for which is better.

Yeah, I was doing a bit of messing with it last night, in fact, and I think I may actually prefer Zam in Slave 1 to Jango. Zam’s slightly cheaper, Jango’s text just seems weaker than Zam’s, and while Jango’s initiative is better, there’s something to be said for using matching i5’s, and with the list only having two attackers, the bonus attacks from both Maul and Zam could actually mean a lot!

Still, an i6 with a bid IS an i6 with a bid, and sometimes getting the final word is what it’s all about. So I think Jango’s a totally solid choice.

12 hours ago, Enigami said:

I stole some of your ideas, and ended up with this..... (I just ran and won with a linelup where the only difference was that I had Adv. Pro.Torps. instead of the heavy laser cannon on Maul. Figured it's safer to not have to worry about the locks since I always seem to have trouble getting actions with big honkin ships like the Sith Infiltrator.

Jango Fett (79)
Autoblasters (3)
Count Dooku (10)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Contraband Cybernetics (3)
Slave I (Separatist) (3)

Ship total: 101 Half Points: 51 Threshold: 5

Darth Maul (65)
Hate (9)
Heavy Laser Cannon (5)
General Grievous (3)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Ship total: 99 Half Points: 50 Threshold: 6

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z429XW232WW218W339W92WW370WY272X204W10WW219W217WW164WW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

15 hours ago, player655164 said:

I stole some of your ideas, and ended up with this..... (I just ran and won with a linelup where the only difference was that I had Adv. Pro.Torps. instead of the heavy laser cannon on Maul. Figured it's safer to not have to worry about the locks since I always seem to have trouble getting actions with big honkin ships like the Sith Infiltrator.

Jango Fett (79)
Autoblasters (3)
Count Dooku (10)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Contraband Cybernetics (3)
Slave I (Separatist) (3)

Ship total: 101 Half Points: 51 Threshold: 5

Darth Maul (65)
Hate (9)
Heavy Laser Cannon (5)
General Grievous (3)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Ship total: 99 Half Points: 50 Threshold: 6

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z429XW232WW218W339W92WW370WY272X204W10WW219W217WW164WW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

It is absolutely insane to me that people don’t staple Scimitar to the Sith Infiltrator. I understand disarming Maul is not what you usually want to do, but imagine the power of your opponent suddenly deciding to ignore Jango, wolf-pack and kill Maul, and you respond by cloaking. Now, instead of shooting at 1 agility, they’re firing into 3 agility and 4 Force, and possibly taking a stress to do it. And Grievous is griefing them as well.

The idea here is to make Maul really unattractive, so that they go after Jango, and Maul dogs and kills them. Meanwhile, Jango on the run is still very dangerous, with that 3-red aft attack and Thermal Detonators.

The biggest danger to this list is letting them get behind Maul, because then he’s left with only two options: run or turnaround. The turnaround maneuvers leave him stressed. So I say cloak, and let your defenses go to work while Jango swoops in to pick off an attacker. Scimitar just adds tactical options, and even if you never use it once, it changes the opponent’s play.

Drop Heavy Laser Cannon from Maul, add Scimitar title.

Edited by Cpt ObVus
3 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

It is absolutely insane to me that people don’t staple Scimitar to the Sith Infiltrator. I understand disarming Maul is not what you usually want to do, but imagine the power of your opponent suddenly deciding to ignore Jango, wolf-pack and kill Maul, and you respond by cloaking. Now, instead of shooting at 1 agility, they’re firing into 3 agility and 4 Force, and possibly taking a stress to do it. And Grievous is griefing them as well.

The idea here is to make Maul really unattractive, so that they go after Jango, and Maul dogs and kills them. Meanwhile, Jango on the run is still very dangerous, with that 3-red aft attack and Thermal Detonators.

The biggest danger to this list is letting them get behind Maul, because then he’s left with only two options: run or turnaround. The turnaround maneuvers leave him stressed. So I say cloak, and let your defenses go to work while Jango swoops in to pick off an attacker. Scimitar just adds tactical options, and even if you never use it once, it changes the opponent’s play.

Drop Heavy Laser Cannon from Maul, add Scimitar title.

that's fair. I think the philosophy is to just let him get swarmed with the hope that you can kill more with him than he takes. you're drowning in force and can use it even during the turn to hand out stress and still begin next turn with full 4 force. Always get your guaranteed two shots per turn.

Unless you think you're going to get completely blocked from any shots, I think just taking your kill shots and taking fire in return is still worth it with Maul. The way I see it stress cloaking would only be really worth it if you think you won't get shots off with Maul that turn. He still will probably take some damage if he's cloaked, but will be blocked from his powerful two-shots.

but I might try scimitar with him next time though. I think my biggest hesitation is that I see scimitar's best benefit in allowing Maul to recharge his force safely, but if you have Hate you almost don't mind since you're always at full force (especially nasty when paired with Palp).

3 hours ago, player655164 said:

that's fair. I think the philosophy is to just let him get swarmed with the hope that you can kill more with him than he takes. you're drowning in force and can use it even during the turn to hand out stress and still begin next turn with full 4 force. Always get your guaranteed two shots per turn.

Unless you think you're going to get completely blocked from any shots, I think just taking your kill shots and taking fire in return is still worth it with Maul. The way I see it stress cloaking would only be really worth it if you think you won't get shots off with Maul that turn. He still will probably take some damage if he's cloaked, but will be blocked from his powerful two-shots.

but I might try scimitar with him next time though. I think my biggest hesitation is that I see scimitar's best benefit in allowing Maul to recharge his force safely, but if you have Hate you almost don't mind since you're always at full force (especially nasty when paired with Palp).

Also fair. :) I just think the marginal benefit you get out a range 2-3 “ll” shot which doesn’t even give you criticals (on a large base, at that) is not as good as having the option to cloak if your opponent manages to get behind him. Plus, he starts the game cloaked, so you have the defensive benefit on approach, if you need it.