Scum Jank (Torani & friends)

By emeraldbeacon, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I've been having some luck with various flavors of this squad lately, but it seems like most of my games have come down to the wire. Here's the stripped-to-the-bones version:

Torani Kulda (48)
Snap Shot (8)

Captain Jostero (41)

Captain Seevor (30)

Torkil Mux (38)
Moldy Crow (16)

Autopilot Drone (12)
Total: 193

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I'm wondering what you would collectively recommend for padding this out. I usually add a Deadman Switch to Jostero, and I've tried both bombs on Torkil or the Cluster/MuniFailsafe/R5-TK combo on Torani, but both seemed more like point sinks than useful upgrades. What would you include to make this a bit scarier?

Good thread for reference here (although that's mostly advocating the Torani build you don't like).

I honestly don't know that there's a better use for those points than the things you've already tried.

Interesting to see Autopilot Drone being flown without a Falcon - I would have thought a lot of lists would just stay out of it's way until it blows up in round 3. How do you leverage it?

26 minutes ago, eljms said:

Interesting to see Autopilot Drone being flown without a Falcon - I would have thought a lot of lists would just stay out of it's way until it blows up in round 3. How do you leverage it?

Run it down their throats! I set up in the center of the field to maximize my options, planning on a round one three-bank + barrel roll. Then I charge in as fast as I can, forcing them to choose how to handle it. Some players turn away and hide on their own edge, potentially losing the advantageous position they chose to deploy in. Others come in hard and fast, committing to killing it before it kills them (thereby committing to a semi-joust with the rest of my squad, which Torani approves of).

Looking at your link, I'm thinking of trying something more like this:

Torani Kulda (48)
Marksmanship (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
R5-TK (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Constable Zuvio (29)
Composure (1)
Proximity Mines (6)
Deadman’s Switch (2)
Delayed Fuses (1)

Captain Jostero (41)
False Transponder Codes (2)
Deadman’s Switch (2)

Captain Seevor (30)

G4R-GOR V/M (28)
Afterburners (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by emeraldbeacon

ive flown a similar squad. after a few games i decided i wasnt skillful enough to leverage its firepower. my variant had constable zuvio with proximity mines in place of the shuttle. i have no doubt its a strong squad in the hands of a very good player.

There's also a little new combo available if you have already R5-TK package. You Should Thank Me regains charges even from your own shots, so you can charge Zam during 2 first turns of the game. Put her on Torkil with title, he already needs 2 turns to stack focuses.