Let Me Teach You The Hyena Slide

By xero989, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

So I am fairly determined to make Hyper-wave boost a thing or activating squadrons in the squadron phase as unconventional as that is. I don't know when I will be able to get this list to the table virtual or otherwise but here it is the Hyena Slide Mark I

Hyena Slide Mark I

Faction: Separatist Alliance
Commander: Count Dooku

Assault Objective: Surprise Attack
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Infested Fields

[ flagship ] Munificent-class Comms Frigate (70 points)
- Count Dooku ( 30 points)
- Sa Nalaor ( 5 points)
- Skilled First Officer ( 1 points)
- Fighter Coordination Team ( 3 points)
- Hyperwave Signal Boost ( 3 points)
- Linked Turbolaser Towers ( 7 points)
= 119 total ship cost

Munificent-class Comms Frigate (70 points)
- Tide of Progress XII ( 2 points)
- Skilled First Officer ( 1 points)
- Hyperwave Signal Boost ( 3 points)
- Linked Turbolaser Towers ( 7 points)
= 86 total ship cost

Hardcell-class Transport (47 points)
- Beast of Burden ( 6 points)
- Hondo Ohnaka ( 2 points)
- Parts Resupply ( 3 points)
= 61 total ship cost

6 Droid Tri-fighter Squadrons ( 66 points)
6 Hyena Bomber Squadrons ( 66 points)
= 132 total squadron cost

So we have 3 ships and 12 squadrons for a total of 9 deployments and 3 activations. our total points clock in at 398 so a small bid and I think this list wants to be second. The very basic idea of the list is to use the two Muni's to push the anti squadron part of the list an tie up and tear opposing squadrons apart. Meanwhile use Fighter Coordination team to move the Hyenas around to get into position to hit ships in the squadron phase using Hyperwave Signal Boost. Count Dooku dose two things helps win the squadron fight with squadron raid tokens and dropping navigation raid tokens to make it harder for ships to escape the Hyenas. Most other upgrades should be pretty self explanatory Parts resupply fuels tokens needed to ready Hyperwave Signal Boost along with Hondo Ohnaka when/if needed. I feel like Beast of Burden and Sa Nalaor will pair really well together and give the ships a little bit of extra toughness. Skilled First Officer is always good on command two ships, but is primarily here to protect you squadron command and if needed help you switch a command on a dime, and LTT for more consistent attacks and could also be used to snipe a squadron at long range with our red anti-squadron die. Not 100% sold on the objectives but Surprise Attack in combination with Dooku give me a lot of control over the game with raid tokens for both squadron and navigation being key as mentioned before, it also pushes out a ship a bit further than it would probably like to be making it a bit of an easier target for the long range guns of the munis and the hyena bombers. Contested outpost while I don't have command 3 ships two munis should do the job and it makes it really easy to place the hyena bombers where they need to be around the station. Infested Fields is really just to tilt the squadron game more into my favor by getting some help from Exogarths, and can net me a few points as well. I am sure this will go through revisions to make it really work but here is the core idea thoughts and constructive criticism welcome.

I like your list. Have a very similar one myself.

I would recommend considering a few of the Ace options because they are quite excellent.

My list swaps uses Jamming Field on the Hardcell Transport. Along with DIST81 and DFS311 which both get major benefits from being obstructed.

The rest of the squadrons go to Grievous, Phlacc-Arphocc, and a bunch generic Hyenas/Tris.

I think Jamming is going to be clutch once I get it all onto the table.

Having played a total of one game now with Proxies, I’ve found Hyenas to be just fantastic, but a BCC on the Hardcell would rally up their game and make those 3-4dmg shots more attainable.