Multi-weapons and static effects?

By False God, in Game Masters

I'm a little unclear, when a character is using multiple weapons with static effects, such as Superior, do both weapons generate their effects, or only the primary?
IE: Bob has two Superior Blaster Pistols. Superior generates 1 advantage "on all checks related to its use". Dual wielding increases the difficulty of a check by 1(in this case). Does this mean Blaster 2 is "in use" in the check, and therefore generates an additional advantage?

Considering the cost of 5000 credits (x2 to make this situation work), as well as the increase in difficulty from dual-wielding, I'm inclined to think the player has paid their dues and the character has earned their two bonus advantage. It would seem odd to me to have to spend two advantages to get the second weapon to hit (as opposed to activate), only to earn one more advantage essentially after portions of the check where that advantage might have been of more use, have already resolved (such as determining Threat resolution). Of course, the character needs to be wielding the weapon, and suffering the dual-wield penalties (even if they choose not to spend the advantage on it to make it hit) to, in my mind, have the weapon be considered as "in use" during the check.

Can anyone clarify?

This is a confusing question. Fortunately, there is a thread on it with a bunch of people's responses:

It started about the Accurate quality (which has a RAW ruling) and then moved on to pretty much exactly what you were asking about. Hope this helps. :)