Delta-7 Aethersprite Squadron question

By Aahz 1, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Hi all - with Clone Wars about to launch, I’m starting to plan the painting of the new squads. The individual Jedi aces should be fairly straightforward to paint up since there is a specific paint scheme for each named Jedi from the Clone Wars cartoon, however, I’m thinking about what do to with the “wingmen” for each ace (as well as what to do for some generics). The generic card shows Kenobi’s Delta-7 paint job. Seems strange that everyone will be a Kenobi. Anybody have any ideas what they’ll do with the wingmen and generics?

29 minutes ago, Aahz 1 said:

Hi all - with Clone Wars about to launch, I’m starting to plan the painting of the new squads. The individual Jedi aces should be fairly straightforward to paint up since there is a specific paint scheme for each named Jedi from the Clone Wars cartoon, however, I’m thinking about what do to with the “wingmen” for each ace (as well as what to do for some generics). The generic card shows Kenobi’s Delta-7 paint job. Seems strange that everyone will be a Kenobi. Anybody have any ideas what they’ll do with the wingmen and generics?

I always assumed that the red paint job is the generic one. It matches the trend in Republic Pre-Clone Wars ships.

I plan to use it as an opportunity to be creative. Each Jedi's fighter should be unique, in my mind, even though generic Jedi.

Being creative is fine. Just pay attention as to not get a flying circus. ;)

Hmm. I guess one alternative for the aces would be to switch to a single model display so I don’t need generic Jedi wingmen.

9 hours ago, Laminidas said:

Being creative is fine. Just pay attention as to not get a flying circus. ;)

Don't get me wrong, there is always a chance of it going, eye bendingly, sideways. I fully expect a handful will be chucked into the simple green to be recycled, but it will be worth it to find the best combinations of colors and patterns so each Aethersprite has its own unique heraldry.

Theres a lot of online pics of the ships used by various big name jedi. Im doing mine so , for exsmple, for plo koon i do the leader in plo koons blue and white then the other two in a more standard red and white.

And ive got this perverse urge to do plo koon with 2 arc170 wingmen but thats probably a bit too wrong