Snap Trap

By Watcher42, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I think this list maybe an incredibly solid list capable of tearing through both swarms and aces due to its high initiative value and large number of mods:

Temmin Wexley (HoH) (53)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

C'ai Threnalli (48)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Black Squadron Ace (T-70) (46)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Black Squadron Ace (T-70) (46)
Heroic (1)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Total: 197

Best thing is that you can modify it to work in hyperspace as well as extend:

Temmin Wexley (HoH) (53)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

C'ai Threnalli (48)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Kare Kun (50)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Joph Seastriker (48)
Integrated S-Foils (0)

Total: 199

Unfortunately you have to loose Heroic and drop an I4 to an I3 but it should still work incredibly well.

I absolutely love the new Snap. He basically makes me only want to fly 4x T70s. I love your 4x4 version as it's going to shoot first versus a lot of stuff and have the toughness and firepower to stand up to aces. I've been flying Snap with 3x Blue Rookies with BB mechs and advanced optics. Leaves room for heroic on snap plus either R6D8 or a BB mech. With focus plus calculate and optics the rookies are nearly guaranteed three hits every time they shoot.

It is different IN for the Xs but Snap, Jess, Bastian, and Nimi all fit in a squad as well. A lot of powerful and potent abilities there.

10 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

It is different IN for the Xs but Snap, Jess, Bastian, and Nimi all fit in a squad as well. A lot of powerful and potent abilities there.

I love Jess, Bastion and Nimi's abilitys compared to Kar, C'ai and Joph but their abilities don't work alongside new snap as well because their abilities about giving your more attack mods that you already get form snap (except jess who was just too expensive 😞 ) so I think that trying to go with as many high initiave pilots as possible will help a little, even if their abilities only help like once a game 😄

8 minutes ago, Watcher42 said:

I love Jess, Bastion and Nimi's abilitys compared to Kar, C'ai and Joph but their abilities don't work alongside new snap as well because their abilities about giving your more attack mods that you already get form snap (except jess who was just too expensive 😞 ) so I think that trying to go with as many high initiave pilots as possible will help a little, even if their abilities only help like once a game 😄

Those are some good points, my thought process though is even if my opponent takes down Snap then my other X's still have a lot of punch to give. If your opponent takes down Snap in your build, and he is likely gonna be target number one, then you are left with a couple of mid IN Xs with mediocore pilots abilities or generics. Meanwhile if I lose Snap I still got Jess, Bastian and Nimi, or if Jess is first to go then I got others.

Granted this is coming from someone who can't even go out and play right now so who knows how much I know what I am talking about.

Also I approve of any squad taking the couple of Snap and Kare.

9 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Those are some good points, my thought process though is even if my opponent takes down Snap then my other X's still have a lot of punch to give. If your opponent takes down Snap in your build, and he is likely gonna be target number one, then you are left with a couple of mid IN Xs with mediocore pilots abilities or generics. Meanwhile if I lose Snap I still got Jess, Bastian and Nimi, or if Jess is first to go then I got others.

Granted this is coming from someone who can't even go out and play right now so who knows how much I know what I am talking about.

Also I approve of any squad taking the couple of Snap and Kare.

That's also good points 😄 I hadn't fully thought about loosing snap, I'm also in the same situation with not being able to play in person so most of my testing is on fly casual, and although it's good the AI does make some questionable target choices.

I also was quite happy with being able to make a squad with Snap and Kare together, it's just a shame you can't put together a full black squadron unless in epic (and even then Lulo can't be a wing mate 😞 )