Promo products

By maniakmedic, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I was able to get some of the new promo items from a FLGS which was awesome, but the one promo item I really want that supposed released but nobody knows where, is the Captain America comic book cover character card. The two newest promo sets had alternate art cards for Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, and Thor, along with copies of alternate art aspect cards, and then alternate art villain cards for Wrecking Crew and Green Goblin (Risky Business).

Maybe I missed the explanation for what happened with the Cap card. I'm pretty sure that was pre-COVID. Anybody remember if there was any explanation for the missing Cap promo?

My apologies because my intent here is not to derail your thread, but up until about just this moment I didn't even realize there were more promo's for this game beyond the core hero cards from GenCon 2019.

How did one go about getting these promo's in the first place?

47 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

I was able to get some of the new promo items from a FLGS which was awesome, but the one promo item I really want that supposed released but nobody knows where, is the Captain America comic book cover character card. The two newest promo sets had alternate art cards for Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, and Thor, along with copies of alternate art aspect cards, and then alternate art villain cards for Wrecking Crew and Green Goblin (Risky Business).

Maybe I missed the explanation for what happened with the Cap card. I'm pretty sure that was pre-COVID. Anybody remember if there was any explanation for the missing Cap promo?

I've been wondering about Cap too, but not heard anything about why? We've also seen pictures of a Doctor Strange comic alt, so perhaps those two and Hulk are all lumped together in another kit?

15 minutes ago, TheSpitfired said:

My apologies because my intent here is not to derail your thread, but up until about just this moment I didn't even realize there were more promo's for this game beyond the core hero cards from GenCon 2019.

The GenCon promos were extended art, I believe? The Comic-design promos have been part of Organized Play kits that game stores could order, so your best bet other than maybe ebay is to ask around at local game stores.

There should be a complete list if you scroll down on this page.

16 minutes ago, TheSpitfired said:

Typically you get them from open play events at game stores. That can be really hit-or-miss though. The stores in my area don't really do open play events or order promos, so I had to go to one that is an hour away where a friend of mine knows the store owner and we put together a group of four people to play through Kang.

Oh sorry, I should have come back and deleted my post - I answered my own question 5 minutes later.

That also means I have suspicion and could speculate on your question, but it is mostly grounded in cynicism and a lack of trust in FFG OP to be reliably consistent. Not really worth typing out, that's just my experience over several years. I would love to be proven wrong because it would mean we get Cap next year.

23 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

The GenCon promos were extended art, I believe? The Comic-design promos have been part of Organized Play kits that game stores could order, so your best bet other than maybe ebay is to ask around at local game stores.

There should be a complete list if you scroll down on this page.

Yes, the GenCon promos were extended art. I went by the FFG demo tables several times because I wanted a chance to try the game and of course I wanted a chance to get them. I was not successful. I told myself I could live without extended art and that it was fine to miss them.

That being said I do have to admit I'm pretty enamored with the comic book cover promos. Here's hoping my FLGS has some luck!

On 12/1/2020 at 1:00 AM, TheSpitfired said:

Oh sorry, I should have come back and deleted my post - I answered my own question 5 minutes later.

That also means I have suspicion and could speculate on your question, but it is mostly grounded in cynicism and a lack of trust in FFG OP to be reliably consistent. Not really worth typing out, that's just my experience over several years. I would love to be proven wrong because it would mean we get Cap next year.

Yes, the GenCon promos were extended art. I went by the FFG demo tables several times because I wanted a chance to try the game and of course I wanted a chance to get them. I was not successful. I told myself I could live without extended art and that it was fine to miss them.

That being said I do have to admit I'm pretty enamored with the comic book cover promos. Here's hoping my FLGS has some luck!

The con promos (they were at every con they demo’d the game at, not just GenCon) are also full color, whereas the launch kit promos have a faded single color background.