Can Varactyl's climb?

By rocketrobie2, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hi, I'm in a campaign right now with a character I want to eventually spec into beast rider. Riding animals seems to come with more draw backs than boons but I still think it would be neat to trudge around the planet where the game takes place on a Kybuck or something. That said, me wanting to get any and every advantage I can out of the beast riding, went looking at the beast only maneuvers.

Trample I saw in one of the stat blocks of the provided animals but I didn't find the "climb" special ability in any them despite the narrative blurb in the Varactyl's stat block about it being able to climb. So I was wondering if I was missing something in the description of which animals can leap/climb or if there's just no animals in the book that can do so.

Thank you in advance for any help you can send my way.

Varactyls can glide, per the rules. I would also permit them to climb featured surfaces,

Also, with YYGG Athletics checks a Varactyl is a pretty competent climber.

My biggest concern about it was the mention of needing a specific climbing special ability in the beast riding blurb of Stay on target.

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Varactyls can glide, per the rules. I would also permit them to climb featured surfaces,

It's not going to be able to glide unles it has a way to get up to high places.

3 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

It's not going to be able to glide unles it has a way to get up to high places.

You don't put a jetpack on your mount? Amateur.

mmmm, I think they probably do...

boga | Tumblr

The one that Obi Wan was riding in RoS (pictured above) was scaling vertically when the clones shot it and Obi Wan down.

Yeah, basically what I'd been wondering was wether they could per RAW rules. I didn't see anything that said they could and there was some specific ruling in stay on target about it

47 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

The one that Obi Wan was riding in RoS (pictured above) was scaling vertically when the clones shot it and Obi Wan down.

Yes, but that could have just been a power of Obi's and it would fall when he drops the power out of distraction...

Sure.