Celestial Realms- Questions

By pholland, in Rules Questions

Just a few questions that have come up now the EU finally has the book...

1) The fluff for The Light of the Lady Dojo says that people come from far and wide to "learn the Fire and Air Invocations the Centipede are known for"- just a story-thing, but the only Centipede school we have can't learn anything but Fire Invocations...

2) The suggestion of the Centipede as great healers, especially with Fire Invocations, makes sense, as does the School ability BUT the fluff again says they have to be "careful to channel Amaterasu's compassion without burning their patient." I know three strife would lead to that, but otherwise there's no real way to inflict harm. Considering the Sun Sentinels are also part of the defences for their clan holdings, I'm assuming the school ability is just poorly written, because it says non-Tainted human characters are healed fatigue by Fire Invocations but in a separate sentence says that they can only Benefit from the healing once per scene... but not that this also applies to the no-damage clause, so you'd have to stick to Biting Steel (as I'd rule something like Katana of Fire deals damage from the Invocation rather than simply enhancing). Just wonder if there'll be a clarification coming on this bit.

Sorry for just answering now as I only got the PDF today, but you are right. I found the Sun Sentinel extremely underwhelming for a shugenja school. I mean, you can always importune the kami for any invocation, but to say in the fluff that the Sun Sentinels are famous for their Air invocations and not give a single one in the curriculum, is like, you guys don't have any proofreading?

And for the second argument, yes, we must assume that besides no proofreading they have no playtesters and yet, when you go into the credits for the books there are names assigned for both proofreading AND playtesting...

3 hours ago, DSalazar said:

Sorry for just answering now as I only got the PDF today

It's out? To Drivethru! 🚗

6 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

It's out? To Drivethru! 🚗

Only after 96 days.