Talk to me about Selfless

By Cpt ObVus, in X-Wing

So, full disclosure: I have never used the Rebel faction’s “Selfless” talent upgrade. I’ve heard a lot of buzz about it lately, and feel like some analysis is required.

For most of my time with this game, I think Selfless was 3 points, and with its recent reduction to 2... it still looks like a waste of 2 points, frankly. I’m going to make a case against it, and would like to be told why I’m wrong.

First, it’s conditional; requiring the Selfless ship to be A) at range 0-1 of the defender, and B) also in the attacker’s arc, and C) a critical hit result in the pool. Now, I know the value of damage sharing; Biggs Darklighter is possibly one of the best squadrons available to the Alliance in Armada, and he basically passes damage around all day and keeps all your guys alive. For that matter, the T-65 pilot Biggs in this game does the same thing; he basically has Selfless stapled to him... but his ability is far superior, because in addition to absorbing critical hits from neighboring units, he can also siphon off non-critical hits.

So there’s part of it. Next, there’s the matter of who wants to carry it. Certainly, many lists have pieces which are more or less important than the others. But I often find that units with vast power-level disparities are often not close to each other on the battlefield. Wedge is running up the flank or something, not hanging back with the Y-Wings. Even if you do keep your important units close to a damage sponge with Selfless, who’s the sponge? It has to be a unit that has an otherwise-unwanted talent slot. It has to be one that has a decent health pool (or that you really don’t mind losing), and preferably one with deep shields, as sucking up crits is worse on unshielded ships. In a faction like Separatists, who are capable of flying low-value targets en masse, maybe Selfless would be better. But it seems to be difficult to come up with a decent Rebel list which uses more than 5 ships, 6 at the outside. You could go the other way, of course, and use a big, tanky ship for your Selfless carrier, like the YT-1300 or VCX-100. But large ships seem to have survivability problems as is, and they also tend to need their own upgrade slots.

So yeah, I can still see places where Selfless might work, once or twice per game. But for 2 points? Shouldn’t this upgrade be cheaper? Here’s the thing: It’s not even actually canceling damage. It’s just moving it around. This may be good, but (adding to the conditionality of the upgrade) there are times when you won’t even want to use the upgrade you paid for, lest you kill your Selfless ship. I think Selfless should be 1 point, or (better yet), I think this is one rare place where I could see a zero-point upgrade. I’m rarely in favor of free upgrades, but in this case it sort of turns into a Networked Calculations sort of ability. It also still costs you a talent slot, and it might actually help to create a bit of a faction identity which Rebels seem to be casting about for right now, as the plucky war buddies who jump in front of each other to take bullets.

Interested to hear counter-opinions.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

I personally don't like using Selfless.

Best Selfless squad from a while back was some Selfless Blade B-Wings and Wedge (and Biggs? I don't recall properly).

Anyhow, the point is clear: it becomes kind of a PITA to kill the ships in a timely fashion. There's a decent chance of an attacker rolling a crit (around 1/3rd of focused 3-dice attacks will have a crit), so you pull it over to the B-Wing. Suppose the opponent attacks that B-Wing. Pull the crit over there.

If you've got a neat little block of 4 ships, it'll punch OK, and it'll take a lot of attacks to crack the first defender. Sure, after the first target is dead, it gets easier to work on the rest of the squad, but the goal is to use those first few turns with ships not exploding to get far enough ahead in the damage race that you'll win in the end.

//

The heyday of the strat was 1e, where versions of Biggs, Lowhhrick, Captain Rex, and Jessika Pava (Resistance wasn't a different faction) combined with Selfless and Draw Their Fire (one sucked in crits, the other took all the regular hits, once per game). Biggs, at this point in time, had to be attacked--no other choice. So the opponent attacked Biggs, and Lowhh added an Evade, and Rex reduced the attack dice, and with Selfless and Draw Their Fire, Biggs just wouldn't die to a round of attacks. Then everyone shot back, and Jess had rerolls and you just won trades. It wasn't a complicated squad to fly--1 forward to victory.

But it was an absolute pain to fly against and was rightfully hated.

2e nerfed the crud out of that "Fair Ship Rebels" archetype. Biggs is just super-Selfless now, Rex was gutted, Lowhhrick become less effective. It's become more work for less payoff.

//

But it's not that complicated to throw in a few Selfless Blades and reasonably-hard-hitting Wedge. But while that was the best version of this kind of damage-manipulation squad in 2e, it wasn't all that great. When it comes down to it, it's just 4 ships with nothing special in terms of dice mods and crap mobility that can take the first punch pretty well.

Got replaced pretty quickly with standard Rebel Beef (at the time, Cassian with Leia crew, Wedge, Ten, Braylen; points subsequently nerfed) which hits harder, flies better, and has better initiatives for IKills, even if it isn't exactly as tanky.

Best carrier was pretty well established as Blade B-Wings. High shields, high total health. Could probably do worse for 44 points, but... it's not super compelling, that's why it doesn't show up all that much anymore.

The short version that damage spreading and crit mitigation can be powerful effects in a faction where almost every ship has shields.

The (very) long version is that Selfless plays to the Rebel design style well. Rebels are generally lower agility, higher health ships. When they get shot at, it's more likely they'll take damage. And it also takes more damage to see most of them off. So losing a shield often doesn't really faze most Rebel ships. Losing a couple of hull points is usually fine too, and often to be expected when you're running with 1 or 2 agility.

So in that sense, a ship taking a single point of damage voluntarily outside of being shot at doesn't fuss a lot of Rebel ships.

The number one tactic that experienced players will always try to drill into new ones as early as possible is 'focus your fire'. Two ships firing at one ship in round round is worth so much more than the sum of two ships shooting one ship over two rounds, because the token system (and indeed a lot of charge based abilities) means that ships are most resilient to one shot per round, then less and less resilient as they spend tokens/burn through effects. More than that, the tactic is effective because getting a ship off the board means facing one fewer attack, have to account for the position of one fewer ship etc. Selfless is a low level counter to this. If your X-Wing takes 3 damage a turn two turns in a row, it's dead. If it instead takes two each turn because other ships are stepping in, now your X-Wing lives to shoot another round.

This is super obvious and you clearly get that, but it's important to establish that the name of the game is keeping your ships alive one more round than they should have been.

The key to Selfless is that sometimes, all it takes is one use. One crit taken on a full HP shielded ship instead of a ship on one or two hull (Direct Hit is a thing, don't forget). Can keep a heavy hitter alive one more turn and let it kill something. If that happens, don't forget that the swing is huge. You've saved half the points on your ship and taken at least half the points on theirs.

9 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

So, full disclosure: I have never used the Rebel faction’s “Selfless” talent upgrade.

To be honest, I think this is key.

It's one of those talents that seems awkward and too niche until you see what it can actually do to your game. A bit like Heroic in that respect, I guess. People crunched the numbers for pages and pages of forum threads to demonstrate it was a useless talent, and here we are years later with people largely accepting it as the key to success in a lot of Resistance lists and rightfully being hit with a justified points increase.

Selfless isn't Heroic, not even close, but see it save a ship once or twice and you start to see it's value.

I'd strongly suggest just messing around with it in Fly Casual or something.

You've correctly identified that it's not best used to have a generic low power ship support an expensive, independent ace. Even if that might seem ideal - sacrifice a pawn to keep your queen. The range requirement means you want it on ships working physically close to each other. But more than that, damage spreading gets better the more ships you can spread to. You don't really want two ships splitting 6 damage over a game between the two of them, you want four or more ships to only be down 1HP. Selfless is for jousting blocks and little else (some edge cases, one of which you've identified - large base tanks).

IMO, current best use case is a jousty block of four X-Wings. Two Red Squad Vets with Selfless, Biggs and a named pilot of your choice. Usually Wedge, but with the points drops as they are, Luke is a super viable choice. Garven can get you some free mods, maybe. And going a bit cheaper gives you points for torps. Amazingly, the Wedge version of this list can take ProTorps on Wedge and I think that's absolutely worth looking at.

X-Wings really like Selfless because they're sort of at a perfect break point. 6HP is decent, especially if it only goes down 1HP per round. 2 Agility is in that usually frustrating spot where it's not enough to fully prevent damage from a shot, but good enough to mean you don't have the HP to be a real B-Wing or Y-Wing level tank. But here it works great. X-Wings often only take 1 or 2 damage. If you can spread that around, you can often completely redirect the damage onto another ship. It's a bit like you've forced them to not focus fire. And if they switch fire to the Selfless ships, then they're still only going to chip away.

As something of a TL;DR here - just picture the situation with Wedge as the torp carrier in a jousting block of fire. He's by far and away the most dangerous piece in the list, so naturally he gets focused down. Lets say you're running a mean looking swarm that rolls really well, and Wedge rolls really badly. Their list does a big old 8 damage to him across their attacks, but Biggs eats two of the regular damage and two of those results were crits. Each Red Squad Vet eats one, which doesn't fuss them at all, and now Wedge is alive next round to potentially get his second Torp shot off. The front rank of a TIE swarm focused down Wedge and did better than the odds, but he's still not dead. And the worst another ship is looking for it is Biggs having just lost shields. Now assume that Wedge rolls a little better, and you might end up with a situation where instead if having valuable Wedge on half points and vulnerable to being finished off, you have four ships all short just one shield.

That's an extreme case, obviously. @theBitterFig is correct that Selfless is not amazing. In addition to everything he said about how this list archetype and the talent itself have been reduced in power for second edition, I also want to point out that half points on small base ships is also a huge reason why damage sharing isn't as big a deal as it was in 1e. Fair Ship Rebels was so good because it could absorb a huge amount of damage from players doing the right thing and trying to focus down single ships, and still come out of it having conceded no points . There was a huge outcry over this list at the time, and it converted a lot of people to the idea that half points should apply to all ships. This became a very vocal argument and I have no doubt that this specific list was a huge influence in FFG's decision to change the rule for 2e.

But the talent points changes have changed the landscape a little. Crack Shot is no longer the "well I've got spare points, may as well" talent. Selfless has entered the realm where it won't cost you much to take it, even if it never triggers. But it could also save your game. On top of that, Selfless is also one of those talents that gets better the more ships in your list can take it. Even if you don't expect to use it. The option to, at some point, take a crit for someone might be super important for saving the integrity of your list. There are some out there situations where even Selfless on someone like Wedge could be big. That's why this:

9 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I think Selfless should be 1 point, or (better yet), I think this is one rare place where I could see a zero-point upgrade.

Would be a reeeeealllly bad idea. If it becomes something you don't even have to consider when list building, then it just goes on every single Rebel ship with a talent slot in the list. Now everyone can pass crits off to everyone. 0 points would mean you could run 5x Selfless RSVs. This is not a list anyone wants to play against. It would mean you'd run it by default on, say, Thane who doesn't really have any particularly synergy with most talents and so rarely takes one. Selfless is a net gain to a list using it, and that gain increases exponentially rather than linearly with each ship that takes it. It should never be free.

I really think that Wedge + ProTorps + Biggs + 2x Selfless RSVs has legs. But beyond that, Selfless has potential to be sprinkled into lists. It's become very attractive to me on Ten and Braylen (so long as you're bringing both). You can also now fit Wedge, Luke and Biggs in with a Selfless Gold Squadron Vet + R5, and that's definitely something I want to try. Selfless is also now 2 points to Trick Shot's 4. Between that and the cost reduction on R2-D2 crew, I'd very tempted to run it on Han. If the timing works out, Han can potentially absorb a crit on his last shield then regen it right back. Norra doesn't hate it either, as she's pretty good at shrugging off damage from attacks.

11 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I think Selfless should be 1 point, or (better yet), I think this is one rare place where I could see a zero-point upgrade. I’m rarely in favor of free upgrades, but in this case it sort of turns into a Networked Calculations sort of ability.

2 points is a decent price for it. 3 points was fine at the start of 2nd Edition, but it dropped in usefulness as the meta evolved. 1 point sounds a little cheap, but 0 points, as @GuacCousteau said, it becomes auto-include and an annoying attribute to Rebels. If we had a instance scale, I could go for 0 for the first instance, and then 1 point each when you have 2, and then 2 points each when you have 3 of them.

I think it could actually be like Heroic: 1 pt and 2 pt depending on agility.

1 agility = 1 pt

2+ agility = 2 pts

7 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

I think it could actually be like Heroic: 1 pt and 2 pt depending on agility.

1 agility = 1 pt

2+ agility = 2 pts

Might actually be more interesting to reverse the costing there. Most of the ships which seem to be good at using Selfless are actually low Agility (like B-Wings, U-Wings, and Y-Wings), while ships with high Agility (A-Wings, Rebel TIE/ln’s) probably don’t make great platforms for it. So you’d end up paying 2 points for putting it where it’s best used, and get a little 1-point discount if you were willing to “play against type” and put it on nimble little ships.

@theBitterFig , @GuacCousteau , @5050Saint , @JBFancourt :

Thank you all for the historical insights. That’s exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

I definitely see the value of damage-sharing. It’s a truism of games that focusing fire is typically good strategy; most games these days don’t give damaged units reduced attack power because the record-keeping becomes too fiddly. So whether you’re playing D&D, Dragon Warrior, Double Dragon, Fallout, Baldur’s Gate, Axis & Allies, Squadrons, Armada or X-Wing, the object is not to damaging lots of enemies isn’t as profitable as KILLING one enemy. That Orc with 1 hp who’s taken 6 damage hits just as hard as an undamaged Orc with 7 hp.

Selfless seems like a good talent, one that the Rebels could actually hang their hat on, if it were costed correctly. Now, as I said, I haven’t used it much (and I think I need to give it more of a shot), but the simple fact is that a lot of Rebel lists don’t really lend themselves to it (for all the reasons I laid out and which you guys more or less confirmed). It’s also tough because I keep trying to build Rebel lists that look good to me on paper, and I keep finding that they fall into these points holes where everything costs just a *liiiiitle* more than I wish it did. I’m intrigued, for example, by these newly-cost-possible options like BBBXX, but you can’t even give those guys the faction talent, for lack of slots (and points). This is obviously intentional, but it’s frustrating.

Part of what got me musing about free Selfless is that some of the faction talents are *very* powerful. Faction-defining, even. Heroic is amazing for the price. Fanatical and Proud Tradition are both good. Ruthless is very good. Fearless is very good. Dedicated seems pretty solid. Treacherous seems tricky, but cheap, and in the right kind of “Boss + Goons” list it might serve to save your queen a couple damage for the relatively negligible cost of putting a Strain token on a Hyena or something. All of these either straight up reduce the amount of damage you take, increase damage output, or significantly increase your odds of damage output/damage reduction, and many of them ask nothing of you as far as formation-flying and in-game decision-making. Selfless doesn’t do this. Bouncing damage around is good, but arguably not as good as killing your enemies faster, and definitely not as good as simply shrugging damage off.

If Selfless were free, yes, it would be an auto-include on any ship with a free talent slot. But most of the ships you want to put Selfless on (cheap, low-initiative, high health) can’t carry it, because they lack a talent slot. Would it really be terrible if the Rebels became the faction of mid-initiative guys who are difficult to put face-up damage on?

Maybe it’s good at 2 points. But would 1 point be terrible? I just look at the Rebels and their point breaks, and I understand that the designers clearly aren’t keen on giving us five medium-to-high health ships with 3 attack dice unless they’re individually low-initiative and weak. But when you have ships like Xi-Shuttle Gideon, the 212 LAAT/i, cards like Sloane, Synchronized Console, Fearless, and Heroic, and abilities like Networked Calculations, it seems like the Alliance needs some “teamwork” options.

In any event, more testing is required. 3-point Selfless seemed cost-prohibitive. 2-point Selfless might work, especially with recent cost reductions to X-Wings.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

Selfless is kind of NPE for the opposing player - I would not use it in a casual game. For me the Rebels have become the Alpha Strike faction, I am not sure what their identity is supposed to be.

13 minutes ago, freakyg3 said:

Selfless is kind of NPE for the opposing player - I would not use it in a casual game. For me the Rebels have become the Alpha Strike faction, I am not sure what their identity is supposed to be.

I mean, how do you define NPE? I think having one faction which is good at damage mitigation is a really good idea, especially when that faction seems to lack a coherent orbit point other than being the faction with lots of ways to move Focus tokens around.

It’s also really important to note that the Rebels are a faction with largely average-to-terrible Agility. The Rebels have one of the deepest ship rosters in the game, with 17 different frames available. Of those, only 3 have 3 Agility: the underwhelming RZ-1 A-Wing, the not-well-supported stolen TIE/ln, and the pretty damned expensive E-Wing. That’s it. When you compare that to the other factions, all of which can easily field competent lists of 3 Agility ships, and more of them, on average, the Rebels really need to be good at dodging damage in other ways.

I personally find it more frustrating to engage a wing of evading TIE Fighters and Interceptors, and watching my attacks dissipate fruitlessly in a fury of green dice, than I do to score a couple solid hits and watch my opponent bounce them around to other targets. At least that way I’m making progress.

2 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Don't get me wrong - I am the king of the NPE. I personally enjoy taking away someone's agency, but I have watched people on the other side of the table meltdown watching the damage spread. I think that is why the price went up initially.

Ban ion cards

They remove my agency

Grrr

I think that Selfless is a good talent for a faction built on the premise of your ships supporting each other. Otherwise you loose your faction theme to focus fire 1/3 into the match, specially with all the easy modded attack and low agi of most rebel ships.

Selfless has both the 2pt cost plus the opportunity cost of bringing another talent, maybe a more attack or movement oriented one.

Edited by LUZ_TAK

Another bonus of Selfless is that it happens before the neutralize results step, which means you could stop a ship from getting tractor, or ion'd, etc.

Everyone knows the pain in the **** it is when a ship you are trying to kill survives on 1 hull and now you have to waste en entire attack (maybe even a big attack like Dash big guns) to take it out. That is power of using Selfless once. Dash wasting a shot to PS kill a lowly 1 hull ship could save another ship 2+ health.

If you can pull crits from ships like Wedge who never have to worry about Blinded Pilots or Weapons failures etc, then you know Wedge is always gonna punch hard, taking away those game changing crits. Selfless is a powerful card. When going up against a list like Trip aces. The aces get more and more powerful as ships (aka firing arcs) get removed from the board. Your best chance against aces is to keep as many ships on the board to block and spread arcs. Selfless spam does that. Tossing selfless on one ship might not be a big deal. But since selfless is lower in cost, it gets easier and easier to spam 5+ ships with it so the likelihood of spreading damage increases.

5 minutes ago, wurms said:

Another bonus of Selfless is that it happens before the neutralize results step, which means you could stop a ship from getting tractor, or ion'd, etc.

Everyone knows the pain in the **** it is when a ship you are trying to kill survives on 1 hull and now you have to waste en entire attack (maybe even a big attack like Dash big guns) to take it out. That is power of using Selfless once. Dash wasting a shot to PS kill a lowly 1 hull ship could save another ship 2+ health.

If you can pull crits from ships like Wedge who never have to worry about Blinded Pilots or Weapons failures etc, then you know Wedge is always gonna punch hard, taking away those game changing crits. Selfless is a powerful card. When going up against a list like Trip aces. The aces get more and more powerful as ships (aka firing arcs) get removed from the board. Your best chance against aces is to keep as many ships on the board to block and spread arcs. Selfless spam does that. Tossing selfless on one ship might not be a big deal. But since selfless is lower in cost, it gets easier and easier to spam 5+ ships with it so the likelihood of spreading damage increases.

5+ ships, you say? I mean, yeah... if you wanna use RZ-1’s or Z-95’s, two of the most notoriously weak ships in the game. I suppose you *might* be able to squeeze a bunch of Y-Wings in there, but good luck killing anything.

One of the problems with the Rebels seems to be that ALL of the other factions swarm better than they do.

1 hour ago, Roller of blanks said:

Ban ion cards

They remove my agency

Grrr

I hope you’re kidding. If you aren’t, ::eyeroll::.

Ion weapons are a fantastic idea, well-implemented. Games without control elements get stale fast. They can become NPE when they attack on a completely different axis than the average list can defend, but if you can defend against getting shot with lasers and proton torpedoes, you can defend against ion missiles and ion turrets. And if you can avoid a Concussion Bomb, you can avoid a Conner Net.

Anyway, I really don’t want to turn my exploration of Selfless into a debate on the relative merits of ion weapons.

Luke Skywalker (61)
Brilliant Evasion (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Ship total: 63 Half Points: 32 Threshold: 3

Biggs Darklighter (47)
R5-D8 (6)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Ship total: 53 Half Points: 27 Threshold: 3

Red Squadron Veteran (40)
Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z4X199WWWW142Y7XW7WW142Y2X130WWWW142Y2X130WWWW142&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Here's my best shot at selfless. Wedge will hit a good bit harder, but Luke was already a complete PITA to kill and this makes it virtually impossible to burn him down quickly. Biggs can heal back a bit of what he takes and the Red Vets just keep eating damage for the other 2 and kicking out some shots. You could also run 5 selfless red vets now which might have teeth through sheer volume of beef.

Flew something similar to this at the start of 2.0:

Roark Garnet (38)
Selfless (2)
Proton Bombs (4)
Shield Upgrade (6)
Moldy Crow (16)

Captain Rex (28)

Biggs Darklighter (47)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Magva Yarro (50)
Selfless (2)
Leia Organa (7)
Pivot Wing (0)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

List does not do damage, but it doesn't give up points either haha; I guess offense is okay w/three, 3-4 die guns and Roark able to grab TL/focus. White stop is also good on Magva and Roark. You can switch to Saw or Cassian by shifting upgrades around.

It plays by typically bringing Rex up to a 7 to suppress the main threat. During the mid game, you can then use Roark to bring Magva or Biggs up to 7 in order to try to initiative kill something or to give them 1 last shot if near being destroyed.

1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

5+ ships, you say? I mean, yeah... if you wanna use RZ-1’s or Z-95’s, two of the most notoriously weak ships in the game. I suppose you *might* be able to squeeze a bunch of Y-Wings in there, but good luck killing anything.

You do realize two Z95s and an RZ-1 were in Worlds Finals last year, right?

And this aint too shabby. Selfless helps your thread tracer ship survive being alpha killed. Blounts two dice dont matter much on first engagement cause he wants friendlies near enemies, so setup locks for the Xwings.

Lieutenant Blount (30)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (2)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

55 minutes ago, wurms said:

And this aint too shabby. Selfless helps your thread tracer ship survive being alpha killed. Blounts two dice dont matter much on first engagement cause he wants friendlies near enemies, so setup locks for the Xwings.

Lieutenant Blount (30)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

More like 190 pts... you can give R4 to those Xwings or something else.

5 Red Xwings with Selfless look awesome AND fully thematic.

Edited by LUZ_TAK

@CptObvious

here is a good read.

also the lanchester law is interesting. Hawkstrike mentiones the related square law

good old times

4 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

@CptObvious

here is a good read.

also the lanchester law is interesting. Hawkstrike mentiones the related square law

good old times

None of the words in your last two sentences make sense, but I trust they will after I read the link. Thanks in advance for whatever it is! :)

6 hours ago, wurms said:

Lieutenant Blount (30)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Selfless (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Yeah, I think Blount with XX-23 S-Thread Tracers is a really solid piece. Definitely have him one of the Selfless Rebel lists I worked on this afternoon.

After some numerical analysis (with the help of @theBitterFig ), I’m not totally sold on the Red Squadron Veteran as the most cost-effective platform for Selfless. But I do dig having five ships, all with 3 reds, and I really like Blount’s Tracers opener.