Psykers in the Warp?

By SJE, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Just wondering, what does a starships Gellar Field do to Psykers if they attempt to use their powers within the field as it traverses the Warp? Is it harder or impossible? would the psychic power use damage the Gellar Field?

Thx.

SJE

Acording to sevral works of fiction Psykers have used their powers with no advers effects in the Warp with operational Geller fileds although some characters both psykers and non-psykers have mentioned it is dangerous or insane to do so however its hard to tell how subjective or objective these statements are. Although there have been cases of powers being used with no 'ill effects' (no effects other than the power's desired effect.)

However its completely up to you how you see things or want to run them in your games. I'd imagine more cautious psykers wouldn't want to do so, or maybe it's perfectly safe, hell maybe inside a Geller field is safer considering it can keep out all the warp gribblies.. it's really your call. Personally I'd impose no penalties, in eithier direction and just the rules as standard for my games.