App has a serious bug. 203pts for 200.

By Larky Bobble, in X-Wing

Ok. Been playing around. Had a 2 cartel marauder and 3 binary pirates squad saved from a few days ago (saved as "thuglife", FFG or whoever). Planned to add more. Cost is, and was, 140...

So. Just now I added Dalan and gave him an upgrade. Then took him out. Put in Xixor. Maybe the passive sensor upgrade? Then I took him out.

Now however, the squad cost was listed at 137. But I still had the two CMs (2*37) and three BPs (3*22l.

So I've added Dalan back in with enough to take it to 200, but really the ship cost total is 203 by adding the real stated ships costs. For the record he has Elusive, FCS and Ion Torps. He is 63pts.

Still enjoying the app...

Edit: The saved cost and squad makeup is constant at 200/200 but with a real value of 203 everytime I load it.

Edited by Larky Bobble

I wanted to show this from LaunchBayNext. Is a great mobile app, but I digress. OP is right, according to LaunchBayNext.

(37) Cartel Marauder [Kihraxz Fighter]

(37) Cartel Marauder [Kihraxz Fighter]

(22) Binayre Pirate [Z-95-AF4 Headhunter]

(54) Dalan Oberos [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive
(4) Ion Torpedoes

Total points: 203

I created this squad in the official app, it says it costs 203/200 points. So it seems the app is ok, but it’s not too clear how the points are read.

Edited by Archangelspiv

I have that squad, but offial app shows 200/200 upfront. I'd imagine it'd send it to a TO the same.

It seems that the app isn't calculating the total cost of what haa beem selected, but is keeping a runnin total of additions, and also subractions. And it can't take away that well.

With covis they've got time to fix it before big tourneys start. I imagine it's repeatable to get bigger gains. Otherwise TOs are going to need a pocket calculator for every list.

Edited by Larky Bobble

There is a sub-forum here dedicated to the official squad builder, and a thread for bug reporting. I'm not sure if the relevant contact has changed for any reason with the "new app", but it would be a good step to get their attention.

Thanks. Done. With a screenshot.