game mode question in squad builder

By Nexion, in X-Wing Squad Builder

Hi Guys

I'm new to this game and have been tinkering with my first squads.

I've made the below squad, but cannot understand why this is "extended" game mode and not "hyperspace".

Hyperspace game mode states: "this game mode includes only those components found in the second edition core set and ship expansions"

I have carefully chosen ONLY cards that are in my core set, my Tie Interceptor expansion and my Decimator expansion - which to my knowledge is "ship expansions" and should be part of the hyperspace game mode.

Why am I getting this error message when the pilots stated are part of my ship expansion sets and thus should be part of hyperspace gamemode?

"2 errors
Soontir Fel pilot card is not part of the chosen game mode

Rear Admiral Chiraneau is not part of the chosen game mode"

TIE/ln Fighter - •“Night Beast” - 25
•“Night Beast” - Obsidian Two (25)

TIE/in Interceptor - •Soontir Fel - 54
•Soontir Fel - Ace of Legend (54)

VT-49 Decimator - •Rear Admiral Chiraneau - 76
•Rear Admiral Chiraneau - Advisor to Admiral Piett (76)

TIE/ln Fighter - •Valen Rudor - 26
•Valen Rudor - Braggadocious Baron (26)

Total: 181

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Thank you :)

Hello. Hyperspace includes content from second edition products, but does not always include everything. We change what ships and upgrades are in Hyperspace regularly over the course of the year to present a fresh new set of parameters for building squads. If you want a summary of what is currently in Hyperspace, as well as current points and upgrade slots, you can reference the PDFs we host on our website here:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Go to the bottom of the page and find the points lists under the support section. I hope this makes things clear. If you would prefer to play with pilots and upgrades outside of Hyperspace, you can always create a squad using the Extended or Epic game modes.

16 hours ago, SquadBuilderMaintenance said:

Hello. Hyperspace includes content from second edition products, but does not always include everything. We change what ships and upgrades are in Hyperspace regularly over the course of the year to present a fresh new set of parameters for building squads. If you want a summary of what is currently in Hyperspace, as well as current points and upgrade slots, you can reference the PDFs we host on our website here:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

Go to the bottom of the page and find the points lists under the support section. I hope this makes things clear. If you would prefer to play with pilots and upgrades outside of Hyperspace, you can always create a squad using the Extended or Epic game modes.

Thank you very much - this certanly does explain it and then this is not a bug at all. :)

Supposedly we play WL for rewards and red picks. We play Rivals and SBs to complete objectives like Icons. But why? If we hate all the modes, if they're all toxic or bad, what is even the point?

I know the easy answer is to quit. Duh. But a lot of us aren't quitting. We're still playing. I guess I'm asking an open question b/c I'm curious myself: if all the modes are for the grind, where does the fun come in?

Kodi nox

Edited by adomanim