Antarian Rangers

By oh_grapes, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hello there. I'm working on a campaign that will use the Antarian Rangers (as briefly mentioned in the core rulebook on page 354) and I just need more information on them.

Any help is help, thanks in advance.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, oh_grapes said:

Hello there. I'm working on a campaign that will use the Antarian Rangers (as briefly mentioned in the core rulebook on page 354) and I just need more information on them.

Any help is help, thanks in advance.

They've really not gotten a lot of fleshing out past their introduction way back in the Rebellion Era sourcebook for WotC's OCR version of Star Wars d20. The creator of them (Rodney Thompson, I think?) literally thought, "hey, this might be a neat idea for an alternate Force tradition!" I think they showed up as a Force talent tree in Saga Edition, but that's generally been about it.

Most of what's available you'll find on Wookieepedia. There might be some fan sites with more information, but any additional details they offer is of the page owner's own creation.

4 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

They've really not gotten a lot of fleshing out past their introduction way back in the Rebellion Era sourcebook for WotC's OCR version of Star Wars d20. The creator of them (Rodney Thompson, I think?) literally thought, "hey, this might be a neat idea for an alternate Force tradition!" I think they showed up as a Force talent tree in Saga Edition, but that's generally been about it.

Most of what's available you'll find on Wookieepedia. There might be some fan sites with more information, but any additional details they offer is of the page owner's own creation.

The alternate Force Tradition are the Kilian Rangers https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kilian_Rangers

I thought of that too when I saw the thread. Two, different groups.

2 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

The alternate Force Tradition are the Kilian Rangers https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kilian_Rangers

I thought of that too when I saw the thread. Two, different groups.

6 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Thanks for your guys' help.

Antarian Rangers tended to act like non force using special forces units for the Jedi. Though they did have a few members that could use the force without being Jedi themselves. Mght be a great place for a Pathfinder or a few Force User Emergents to crop up.

14 hours ago, Mattheau said:

Antarian Rangers tended to act like non force using special forces units for the Jedi. Though they did have a few members that could use the force without being Jedi themselves. Mght be a great place for a Pathfinder or a few Force User Emergents to crop up.

So like non force user padawans?

Edited by oh_grapes

There are Universal specializations that grants Force rating, but aren't associated with the standard classes (Consular, Guardian, etc). I think Mattheau means that an Antarian Ranger, having previously had strong contact/relationships with the Jedi would be a prime candidate for later finding out they could commune with the Force.

Those Universal specs are Force-Sensitive Emergent, Force-Sensitive Exile, and Force-Sensitive Outcast (also Nightsister and Padawan Survivor, but those wouldn't make much sense in this case).

4 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

There are Universal specializations that grants Force rating, but aren't associated with the standard classes (Consular, Guardian, etc). I think Mattheau means that an Antarian Ranger, having previously had strong contact/relationships with the Jedi would be a prime candidate for later finding out they could commune with the Force.

Those Universal specs are Force-Sensitive Emergent, Force-Sensitive Exile, and Force-Sensitive Outcast (also Nightsister and Padawan Survivor, but those wouldn't make much sense in this case).

Where can I find the force-sensitive specs?

Force-Sensitive Emergent - Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook

Force-Sensitive Exile - Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook

Force-Sensitive Outcast - Rise of the Separatists

Nightsister - Collapse of the Republic

Padawn Survivor - Dawn of Rebellion

There is also a wiki that shows pictures of them, but I am not sure if I can link that on the forum. Just search for any of these specs, and add the word "class" after it in the search and you should find the wiki easily.

2 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

There is also a wiki that shows pictures of them, but I am not sure if I can link that on the forum. Just search for any of these specs, and add the word "class" after it in the search and you should find the wiki easily.

Thank you kind sir

10 minutes ago, oh_grapes said:

Thank you kind sir

Or you can use the downloads here:

Wonderful tool, I use it all the time.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, oh_grapes said:

So like non force user padawans?

Without being acknowledged as such. I imagine they would call themselves 'Citizens" now.