What will be of these forums?

By toffolone, in Star Wars: Legion

With the taking over by AMG, since FFG will no longer be involved in the star wars miniatures games, what will happen to these forums?

Will they be shut down?

Why should ffg keep them alive?

I don't see a similar asset on the amg site, and I think it will be difficult to get to same level as this place, if not in a long time.

All the knowledge is going to be lost? All the posts?

Opinions?

34 minutes ago, toffolone said:

With the taking over by AMG, since FFG will no longer be involved in the star wars miniatures games, what will happen to these forums?

Will they be shut down?

I don't see a similar asset on the amg site, and I think it will be difficult to get to same level as this place, if not in a long time.

Opinions?

Based on the precedent of the Genesys and Star Wars RPG forums still remaining open and relatively active despite a significant amount of time since the exchange of control over those IPs, I think we can presume that the Legion, X-Wing, and Armada forums will continue to run some time after AMG fully takes over. That said, there's likely going to be a time when they lock or archive the Star Wars miniature games forums similar to how they did numerous other titles (Netrunner card game, Dark Heresy, ect…)

From what I understand though, those archived forums are still accessible both for viewing and posting, so I suspect these forums will never truly get "shut down" unless FFG goes under.

I also know the Star Wars IP can be super picky about who has access to what. (They had issues with the X-wing profile pics here on the forums, FFG had to deny access to them due to a licensing issue.) If AMG wants to have better control and access they may be setting up their own system in the future.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
1 hour ago, toffolone said:

Will they be shut down?

Opinions?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Forums on fire from the comments of @Khobai . I watched C-Beams glitter in the dark near the @TauntaunScout gate...

All these memories.... Lost... Like tears, in the rain...

I am the victor. But what does it all mean when there is not one left to remember, the great cavalry charge at Ogana Major, or the mountains of the Hothu Kush when we crossed a 100,000 man army into Xagobah? He was a god, @KommanderKeldoth . Or as close as anything I've ever seen.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

...when the walls fell...

On 11/26/2020 at 7:02 AM, Sharkbelly said:

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Temba, his arms wide.

...Kadir beneath Mo Moteh... ...Darmok on the ocean... ...Kiazi's children, their faces wet...

Wrong franchise guys!

Akbar, when the shields fell...

Solo and Organa at Endor...

Calrissian, his arms wide...

So say we all.

This is the way.

Live long, and prosper

This forum will live as long as their on foundlings to find it

This is the way

On 11/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, TauntaunScout said:

I am the victor.

Try not to choke on you aspirations, @TauntaunScout. When last we met I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Edited by DewbackScout

As long as atomic mass has not good forums, these will probably be used

On 12/13/2020 at 7:17 AM, DewbackScout said:

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Point of order, I've been to the Ramesseum, and the lone and level sands do NOT stretch far away. It's pretty close to the river.

If any would know me, let him surpass some of my works.

Shutting down as of 01 February 2021.

Nevermind, I missed the pinned post. That's a shame

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Well, now we know. I can't say that I'm surprised by Asmodee not caring to maintain a community. I am kind of surprised that if they actively dislike it, they took so long to shut it down.

2 minutes ago, twincast said:

Well, now we know. I can't say that I'm surprised by Asmodee not caring to maintain a community. I am kind of surprised that if they actively dislike it, they took so long to shut it down.

There's no need for FFG to have anything to do with it. I assume AMG will have their own forums active presently.

1 minute ago, arnoldrew said:

There's no need for FFG to have anything to do with it. I assume AMG will have their own forums active presently.

I was referring to FFG products as a whole. Assuming that FFG will even be around much longer.

They actually do have their own forums. I signed up and then realized there were only 7 total users signed up and figured I'd come back later.

Maybe after the announcement, I'll swing by Feb 2nd

4 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

Shutting down as of 01 February 2021.

Well, F.

Where am I going to argue with @TauntaunScout now?

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

They actually do have their own forums. I signed up and then realized there were only 7 total users signed up and figured I'd come back later.

Maybe after the announcement, I'll swing by Feb 2nd

Do u have a link to said forums? I have looked all over there website and havent flund anything about a forum

2 hours ago, lunitic501 said:

Do u have a link to said forums? I have looked all over there website and havent flund anything about a forum

i think that their forums are currently only for Marvel Crisis Protocol