New points, what about builder Keywords?

By Dwing, in X-Wing

The builder Keywords are still in the PDFs, I wonder what they do and if FFG gets to implement them before handing the game over to Atomic Mass Games. I was expecting X-wing to get something similar to the Legion overhaul with this points adjustment.

Any thoughts?

They may be used to help determine what Hyperspace looks like, and are probably structural tissue for custom game environments with the new app.

A few (Light Side, Dark Side, TIE, A-Wing) are already implemented.

It’s future proofing.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, Matanui3 said:

Plus 'X-Wing'.

IMO They are there to implement some characteristics that can be used on different versions of the same ship, especially that they are not all in the same faction.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, Matanui3 said:

Yes, this. Assuming Atomic Mass don't go in a wildly different direction I assume we'll see more upgrades like the A-Wing, X-Wing and TIE exclusive ones. There are actually some existing upgrades which in retrospect could have had a keyword restriction, though I doubt they'll get errata now unless some broken combo emerges (e.g. It would make sense for Rigged Cargo Chute to have "Freighter only").

If AMG do more narrative / alternative event modes we may also see scenarios with restrictions like "One side can only have freighters" or "Separatists, but no droid pilots" or something.

4 hours ago, Ysenhal said:

Yes, this. Assuming Atomic Mass don't go in a wildly different direction I assume we'll see more upgrades like the A-Wing, X-Wing and TIE exclusive ones. There are actually some existing upgrades which in retrospect could have had a keyword restriction, though I doubt they'll get errata now unless some broken combo emerges (e.g. It would make sense for Rigged Cargo Chute to have "Freighter only").

If AMG do more narrative / alternative event modes we may also see scenarios with restrictions like "One side can only have freighters" or "Separatists, but no droid pilots" or something.

I had hoped the would ad some rules to the core rules. Like legion keywords. Ships with the Bounty hunter keywords May... Etc.

They were very specific on making them 'BUILDER keywords', ie. they only affect list building and have no gameplay effects or rules. After all what keywords a card has are not printed anywhere on the cards.

The whole 2.0 philosophy is that you use the app/pdfs to handle points, slots, builder keywords and other restrictions for list building (all of which can be changed for balance reasons), but then in play you just need the cards and the text on them, plus referring back to the rules reference as needed to answer questions.

15 hours ago, rawbean said:

They were very specific on making them 'BUILDER keywords', ie. they only affect list building and have no gameplay effects or rules. After all what keywords a card has are not printed anywhere on the cards.

That's a fair point, but the was FFG. With the AMG team, things could change.