Article for today's App and pdf updates. Edit: RR update is also up. Link included in the OP.

By Hiemfire, in X-Wing

X-Wing Points Update - Fantasy Flight Games

We have been planning for some time to move the January update to November, despite the events that originally precipitated this change not occurring this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have decided to proceed with that update in November instead of waiting until January. There will not be an additional scheduled points update in January.

Edit: RR update link:

5.2 MB X-Wing Second Edition Rules Reference 24 Nov 2020 (fantasyflightgames.com)

Edited by Hiemfire
Side note, 2 points for Bomblets? Interesting.

Is it just me, or did that article seem pretty..... lifeless?

Gotta be hard to write articles pretending you care about a game you just got fired from.

23 minutes ago, player655164 said:

Is it just me, or did that article seem pretty..... lifeless?

To trigger any Heroes of the Storm fans "The Cadence has changed."

Edited by theBitterFig
14 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

To trigger any Heroes of the Storm fans "The Cadence has changed."

On a positive note, I think they applied one of your suggestions to Dormitz's errata:

•Leiutenant Dormitz (Upsilon-class Shuttle)
Should read: "Setup: After you are placed, friendly small ships can be placed
anywhere in the play area at range 0–2 of you."
(Replaced "other friendly ship" with "friendly small ships").

To be fair, it's far more interesting and detailed than Atomic's recent Organised Play article...

edit:. Just to check @Hiemfire - you only quoted the first paragraph of the article, wasn't sure if that was deliberate?

Edited by FTS Gecko

Also, Jam Buff. Up to Range 2 in bullseye, which is nice but not that huge.

18 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

edit:. Just to check @Hiemfire - you only quoted the first paragraph of the article, wasn't sure if that was deliberate?

It was. Aside from the shift of control of the game from FFG to AMG it is probably one of the bigger changes for OP. In my opinion at least.

Edited by Hiemfire
7 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It was. Aside from the shift of control of the game from FFG to AMG it is probably one of the bigger changes for OP. In my opinion at least.

Far enough. I saw your post first and given current events (and the first couple of replies) I half expected the quoted text to be the full extent of the article. Glad to see it wasn't!

1 hour ago, player655164 said:

Gotta be hard to write articles pretending you care about a game you just got fired from.

Wait, we know they lost Alex, but we haven't heard about Max yet, have we? Surely they'd keep him? Then agian, surely they would have kept Alex 😢

So what changed in the points?
Is it good?

51 minutes ago, wurms said:

Before I get into the new app. Who is updating this thing? AMG? FFG? Is this app dead on arrival?

tumblr_inline_ow6kh6vDDl1t9dbfv_540.gif