Rebels guide to the new changes

By jocke01, in Star Wars: Legion

Always fun to read other's thoughts.

Jan Ors is in a different SW Mini game. Quite hard for her to be the big winner here. (You probably mean Jyn in the conclusion)

Edited by KaLeu
3 hours ago, KaLeu said:

Jan Ors is in a different SW Mini game. Quite hard for her to be the big winner here. (You probably mean Jyn in the conclusion)

Haha freudian slip. I blame that I use a Jan ors model as proxy for Jyn 🤣 .

I would now rank the Rebels on the same tier as the Clones, CIS are at the top and Empire at the bottom

I dont agree with han solo's offense being "meh". he has pierce 2! just dont shoot at things with impervious or immunity to pierce.

two red dice with sharpshooter 1, pierce 2, surge to crit, and gunslinger is pretty good. you should be able to kill 2 clonetroopers/stormtroopers in heavy cover a turn.

hes way better at shooting than Iden Versio. she doesnt get sharpshooter or pierce or surge to crit on her repeater (without a command card). She can barely even scratch a clonetrooper unit in cover unless she burns a ton of aim tokens upgrading hits to crits with marksman.

I also think a points cost reduction is exactly what han solo needed. the whole problem with han solo was that you had to take chewbacca and leia with him. and that cost a lot of points. now its a bit more reasonable. I still think both han and chewbacca couldve come down in points a little more though.

Edited by Khobai
13 minutes ago, Khobai said:

I dont agree with han solos offense being meh. he has pierce 2! just dont shoot at things with impervious or immunity to pierce.

two red dice with sharpshooter 1, pierce 2, surge to crit, and gunslinger is pretty good. you should be able to kill 2 clonetroopers/stormtroopers in heavy cover.

Don‘t forget he‘s the only unit guaranteed to shoot first (yes he did!) after going last.
That‘s two 4 minis units down, if he can get into position.

Edited by KaLeu
1 hour ago, Khobai said:

I dont agree with han solo's offense being "meh". he has pierce 2! just dont shoot at things with impervious or immunity to pierce.

two red dice with sharpshooter 1, pierce 2, surge to crit, and gunslinger is pretty good. you should be able to kill 2 clonetroopers/stormtroopers in heavy cover a turn.

hes way better at shooting than Iden Versio. she doesnt get sharpshooter or pierce or surge to crit on her repeater (without a command card). She can barely even scratch a clonetrooper unit in cover unless she burns a ton of aim tokens upgrading hits to crits with marksman.

I also think a points cost reduction is exactly what han solo needed. the whole problem with han solo was that you had to take chewbacca and leia with him. and that cost a lot of points. now its a bit more reasonable. I still think both han and chewbacca couldve come down in points a little more though.

If you get the gunslinger double whammy to work then yes, his offense is on par. I just have a hard time getting Han solo into a good position vs clones and empire since they got such good shooting at range 3-4 these days. With courage 2, I often find him suppressed and without double actions and then it's so hard to get the gunslinger to work. So most turns you are either moving into position or standing still killing 1 model. He also melts under concentraded fire despite uncanny luck and he get's shot alot when getting close, but he dosen't have the defence of Sabine or Luke to tank it. Granted loading him up with strict orders and e-stims + either Leia or generic officer for morale and dodge support he can make it there, but that's alot of points.

While I don't think Han Solo is bad, I think his real strenght is in his command cards and synergy with Chewbacca more than his gunslinger action. His point cost made him less of a point sink, but I wished they touched up his defence or morale as low profile does very little and courage 2 is really limiting. As it stand I agree they could have gone lower.

Edited by jocke01

Again you have to take Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Leia together to get the full synergy.

Leia gives both Han and Chewbacca 1 dodge token each and removes suppression with inspire. Then Han and Chewbacca give out copies to eachother with teamwork. So you end up getting 2 dodge tokens on both Han and Chewbacca.

Chewbacca can then either move up or take a dodge action to give Han another dodge token and then fire his bowcaster.

Then Han can move up and shoot sitting on 2-3 dodge tokens and heavy cover (you should always have heavy cover because of duck and cover) and guardian 3 from chewbacca.

You just have to keep leapfrogging up the board and keeping all three within range 1-2 of eachother for the various abilities.

Previously taking Han/Chewbacca/Leia was way too expensive to be practical. And its still probably too expensive. But its 20 points less than it was before. I dont really see any other way to get Han to work than to use him in conjunction with Chewie and Leia. Because hes obviously not built to be a solo character and is clearly designed to work with both Chewbacca and Leia. Luke with Barrier is also a possibility I suppose but I havent tried that.

Edited by Khobai
On 11/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, Khobai said:

Again you have to take Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Leia together to get the full synergy.

Leia gives both Han and Chewbacca 1 dodge token each and removes suppression with inspire. Then Han and Chewbacca give out copies to eachother with teamwork. So you end up getting 2 dodge tokens on both Han and Chewbacca.

Chewbacca can then either move up or take a dodge action to give Han another dodge token and then fire his bowcaster.

Then Han can move up and shoot sitting on 2-3 dodge tokens and heavy cover (you should always have heavy cover because of duck and cover) and guardian 3 from chewbacca.

You just have to keep leapfrogging up the board and keeping all three within range 1-2 of eachother for the various abilities.

Previously taking Han/Chewbacca/Leia was way too expensive to be practical. And its still probably too expensive. But its 20 points less than it was before. I dont really see any other way to get Han to work than to use him in conjunction with Chewie and Leia. Because hes obviously not built to be a solo character and is clearly designed to work with both Chewbacca and Leia. Luke with Barrier is also a possibility I suppose but I havent tried that.

You will probably want to use Portable scanners now over using Leia. You have to take 3 Rebel troopers and dropping 6 points for a portable scanner on a un upgraded trooper unit isn't a bad move and it avoids you needing to spend 90 pts on Leia. Though you still may need to take a Rebel officer or something with Inspire.

Iiiiiiiiionnnnnnnn Shark doo doo d-doo d-doo

13 hours ago, Uetur said:

You will probably want to use Portable scanners now over using Leia. You have to take 3 Rebel troopers and dropping 6 points for a portable scanner on a un upgraded trooper unit isn't a bad move and it avoids you needing to spend 90 pts on Leia. Though you still may need to take a Rebel officer or something with Inspire.

Im still using Leia. Because Leia gives you bonus action economy. With a portable scanner she gives out 3 dodges for 1 action.

The problem with giving portable scanners to rebel troopers is that you dont get any bonus action economy. You still only get 1 dodge token for 1 action. Leia gets 3 dodges for 1 action. Thats what im paying points for.

The way I see it Han/Chewbacca is never going to be competitive anyway. Its purely for fun. I just recently played a rebel fantastic four list with han/chewie/leia/and luke all in the same list. I lost but I had fun with it lol.

Edited by Khobai
8 hours ago, Khobai said:

Im still using Leia. Because Leia gives you bonus action economy. With a portable scanner she gives out 3 dodges for 1 action.

The way I see it Han/Chewbacca is never going to be competitive anyway. Its purely for fun. I just recently played a rebel fantastic four list with han/chewie/leia/and luke all in the same list.

Portable scanners on multiple units do seem terrible to me. Unless you don't do anything with your units but sit and hunker down for 4 turns and then make a last gasp effort for the VP/Objective.

I don't like Leia for the same reason, is she slows things down or sometimes can keep up. She does have great command cards though and works really well with Chewie and Han.

Han's greatest strength has always been Chewbacca. Chewie just got a price break as well. 90pts of guardian is amazing. I've won every game I've played with Han/Chewie together and they are super duper in skirmish mode.

9 hours ago, Khobai said:

The problem with giving portable scanners to rebel troopers is that you dont get any bonus action economy. You still only get 1 dodge token for 1 action. Leia gets 3 dodges for 1 action. Thats what im paying points for.

The way I see it Han/Chewbacca is never going to be competitive anyway. Its purely for fun. I just recently played a rebel fantastic four list with han/chewie/leia/and luke all in the same list. I lost but I had fun with it lol.

I totally agree Han and Chewie are for fun lists and not competitive but Leia IMO is a trap on action economy because at 90 points you are probably giving up an extra unit with a full 2 actions. Leia's command cards are becoming a little dated as well in that what used to be her strongest card the 2 pip has very few shenanigans you can play with it.

In addition Portable Scanners let you conserve actions on naked troopers who you probably were using as objective grabbers, or early activators. Without choosing a range 4 gun turns 1 through 3 are always in the air on whether rebel troopers will get to do anything meaningful.